MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/03/2009 08:33 PM

Pain is making me throw up

Leanna45

Is anyone awake? I really need to talk to someone to get my mind off this pain as it is making me throw up.

I have had bad flare ups but never so bad that I was hurting so bad that it made me throw up.

I have cried for hours and have tried to get my mind off the pain but it is so intense that I cannot shake it.

Any suggestions?

10/03/2009 08:41 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Leanna I don't know if you are still at the computer..I just got home but Im here..I wanted to let you know that I read your post. I am so so so sorry that you such terrible pain like that.. My husband has had a terrible intestinal infection for the last month and he was hurting so so bad even with pain meds and plenty of rest that everytime he got up he would throw up..We couldn't even bump the bed by accident or he'd yell out in pain..

It's terrible to be in that position where you can't interact with anyone really because the pain is so intense..I have no idea what you can do to help because I don't know what you've already done and if you have taken your meds etc.. Alot of the time a hot or hottish bath will help if you can get in and out ok.. Or even a hot shower if you can stand the heat.. There are so many things that should help but much of the time us with fibro. can't handle it.. LIKE the heat in a hot shower or bath.. I get ill if the water is too hot etc... heating pad? I use a hand held massager that i can use on my neck and back and my legs.. I run it up and down every limb and my back and neck...it helps to relax my muscles..

Let me know how you are doing if you are still up.

*GENTLE HUGS*

-Tara

10/03/2009 08:42 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am so sorry sweetie! We are here to do whatever we can to help you. Do you have any anti-nausea medicine in the house? Sometimes I have to take Pepto to get through a migraine. Or have a cup of hot tea, herbal, like chamomile if you have it. Even a cup of hot chocolate if you can tolerate. Anything to help you just relax.

10/03/2009 08:51 PM
Leanna45

Thanks for the quick responses. I cannot sleep it hurts too much. I can't stop crying. I hate fibro!!! I have no insurance so I wing it without any type of meds including pain meds for my fibro. I am trying so hard today to remember that I am not the only one who deals with pain and that it could be worse even though it feels like it can't be.

I have taken a hot shower and am on the heating pad but nothing is helping. My husband has company so he is not even paying much attention to me or my pain tonight. I feel angry at him right now because he is not there for me. That is probably selfish as he gets sick of my pain too.

I just cannot imagine living the rest of my life this way.

10/03/2009 08:53 PM
Stella77
Stella77  

Leanna,

What are you taking for the pain? I use a heating pad when pain meds aren't enough. Or a warm bath.

10/03/2009 08:54 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

So sorry Leanna. If heat isn't working, try ice. Or try some hot/cold water therapy. Put cold water on yourself for 30 seconds to a minute, then switch to hot water (as you can tolerate) for 3-4 minutes. Sometimes this can help by increasing blood flow and circulation to painful areas.

I had no insurance for a long while, too, so I studied up on herbal and homeopatic remedies.

10/03/2009 09:01 PM
Jezwik

I'm sorry too, that you're going through this... I have to wonder if you have a BUG or something, in ADDITION to a Fibro flare...? I've had luck treating nausea with SALTINE crackers, COLA / or ginger ale (slightly FLAT), Compazine or BENADRYL!, and certain PRESSURE POINTS -- two good ones for nausea are 1) face your right arm with the palm up, with the left hand place three fingers on your forearm - with the ring finger resting against that first wrist wrinkle/line, and on that tendon that your pointer finger is at, put moderate pressure down on it, hold for a minute or two, do that as often as you need (and repeat on opposite arm) 2) the famous one in between your pointer finger and the thumb on the tallest part of that hand muscle - it's the same one recommended for headaches). HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON - I'LL BE PRAYING FOR YOU Smile {{{{Hugs}}}} Jessica

10/03/2009 09:05 PM
Jezwik

ALSO a cold wet cloth on the forehead can help. Try everything, because in my experience with nausea, it usually takes a COMBO of tricks to take it away. Good luck!

10/03/2009 09:06 PM
Leanna45

Thank you all so very much for the support. Talking is at least helping to take my mind off of the pain. I have to stop crying because it is making it worse. It is so nice not to feel alone. I have a friend who has fibro but she never wants to hear about my pain so I cannot call her for support. I am about ready to stop giving her support because all she does is take and never gives in return.

Thank you for caring it is comfortimg to me.

10/03/2009 09:07 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Yes I have to second that on the benadryl...it should help you sleep through it dear...That's all you can do sometimes is put yourself to sleep..When you wake up there is a chance you will be better..

-Hoping for the best!

Tara

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved