MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/03/2009 12:31 PM

Wow, I can walk, again, sort of.....

Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

For the last 4 years I haven't been able to be able to do much of anything. Which is atually kind of a pain in the kester on that account as well as just being weak and unable, well the story just goes on and on, doncha just love fibro-

And don't we all know how it goes. Am I right?!

That's the bad news, the good news is the Lyrica is working. The pain has dropped off dramitcally and I am for the first time in 5 years, or is it 6 Unsure I am sleeping through the night, all 12 hours of it, like I can't get enough, Dizzy

So walking is good, and I have yoga and aerobic tapes, what does any one else do?

something fun? Something that you want to do when you don't want to do anything else?

love,

Natty

10/03/2009 01:03 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Hi Natty,

I've been taking walks this week (dodging rain storms) and I love the way I feel when I'm done. I'm beginning to think that endorphins really do exist! I always suspected they were an old wives' tale...or old doctors' tale LOL.... Last month I went out with some friends and danced like I haven't in years. Yes I paid for it the next couple of days but OMG it was fun! Totally worth the body aches later Smile

10/03/2009 01:11 PM
Jezwik

I'm so glad you're finally able to sleep & sounds like you are doing a lot better in general - that's really great Smile I too like beginner yoga, yes walking is good too, and have you ever tried the "excersize ball"? You said you're wondering about "fun" things to do & I really enjoy stretching on my excersize ball. You can get one for $10-$15 & I suggest you fo for the biggest one you can find. The small ones are good too (I just prefer the big one), and there are different moves you can learn - most of the balls come with a DVD or pamphlet to instruct you. Look at Walmart or Target - or grab one online. I'll be interested to see what others suggest! HUGS xoxo Jess

10/03/2009 05:27 PM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

oh oh oh Jess Yes!!! ....I have the big ball, I don't even consider THAT exercise, even though it is. Physical therapy had me start it, for balance, and I bought a booklet that had big ball exercises to do. The cats love when I support myself on my hands with my torso on the ball and I am lifting my legs up....the cats think it is great fun to jump up and harrass my legs or bat at my hair hanging down....or tickle me with the tail..... ah chooo......cats!

I need to do this more, I got mine off ebay about a year ago....I think I shall look for more exercises to go with it.

Great idea Jess!

Natty

10/03/2009 05:28 PM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Yeahhhh Rayn, yes dodging raindrops, yes, but we need the rain so badly down here.....

hugs

Natty

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved