MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/30/2009 11:43 PM

No sleep.

hisbunny

Like i posted in the insomnia forum... Im so tired i cant sleep. I will be doing something at the computer or reading or watching tv and my eyelids will start to get heavy. Then as soon as i lay down for sleep everything starts. The sheets feel like they have glass shards in them, my clothes feel as though they are made of sandpaper. I am so tired and all i wanna do is sleep and i cant. Anyone else having these problems now. Maybe we can talk and put our heads together on a way to just fall asleep.Sad

09/30/2009 11:44 PM
hisbunny

Also i start to twitch so bad that i have to sit up because it hurts to lay there. my poor husband tries to help but he just cant no matter how hard he tries. i dont get why i just cant sleep. none of my meds work either im lost.

09/30/2009 11:53 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello Sweetie I just woke up or I would hve been here for you so sorry. Let me wake up a little more then see if I can think of something to help you love and hugs River

09/30/2009 11:56 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi!

I'm still awake and it is 3 am! I tried going to bed and tossed and turned, can't get comfortable, hurting, took some pain med but still cannot sleep. I need to sleep because I have an appointment tomorrow. It isn't until 1 pm, but if I don't get sleep now and get sleepy at 5 am, if I fall asleep, it's all over. I will never get up for my appointment. This is so very frustrating!! I hear you, the pain is awful.

10/01/2009 12:03 AM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am so sorry your hurting. It is 3 AM here too, but I just woke up from a little sleep. I was just telling hisbunny maybe a warm bath or shower. I hope we can get you to sleep some how Love and hougs River

10/01/2009 12:04 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Bunny the more you 'try' to sleep the worse it will get. If you're not asleep in 20 minutes, get up and read a book. Drink something soothing like chamomile tea or buy Sleep-time. Don't go online, that can be too stimulating.

I suffered from insomnia for years and melatonin is working for me. I generally take about 6 mg a night and it makes me sleepy and when I go to bed I can usually fall right to sleep. The best part is that if I wake up, I roll right over and go right back to sleep.

Christine I'm so sorry! It always goes like that doesn't it, not being able to sleep when you have to be up early the next morning. Speaking of which...I'm not going to finish my emails tonight 'cuz I have to be up in 6 hours....eek.

Good night dear friends, may you find your slumber soon....

bless you all!

10/01/2009 12:08 AM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Night RAyn rest well. Love and hugs River

10/01/2009 12:13 AM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

River,

I wondered if you would be up. I almost sent you a PM to see if you were up. Are you feeling okay? I hope so, but you have had so much stress lately.

How is Chip's dad doing? Is he over the flu? I sure hope so. I am going to get the swine flu vaccine as soon as I can get it. Where does his father live in Florida? I hate the thought of going down to Florida in just a small way this winter. I bet they will have a lot of swine flu with all the snowbirds, like me going down for the winters. It seems I am too young to be a snowbird, but I don't care....call me a snowbird. I love that sunshine in the winter. No cold and achiness like here in Michigan. We have frost warnings here tonight and we in for lots and lots of rain. I'll keep the muscle relaxers and pain pills close. Ugh, I dread this nasty weather.

10/01/2009 12:21 AM
hisbunny

Ty guys for responding. I also have something to do and i have to be up at 12 noon. But i will end up passing out on the couch when i cannot take it anymore and wait for the fedex guy to get here. If i pass out in my bed i will miss him. I wonder if i will ever get to have a peaceful sleep again.

10/01/2009 12:31 AM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You will, not every night is like this. But there are too many of them!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved