MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/12/2009 11:49 AM

cure for fibro pain

donnaferguson
donnaferguson  

you know how there are some people that love pain? well if I could become one of those sick people I might just start liking my fibro pain. anyway just a thought donna

09/12/2009 01:31 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I know just the type of person you are thinking of, Donna ~~~

I have a co-worker (several years younger than myself). She is single, lives on her own but still goes to her parents for meals every evening and her mom still does her laundry for her every Saturday.

Co-worker is quite active such as going out with friends late in the evening; volunteers for many charitable activities but she whines sooooo badly about everything from cramps to a hang nail. Something different every day !!!

It s hard to be kind each morning and ask ""how are you"" because you ll get a whole array of different maladies each week and not one of them is a permanent thing like Fibro or a disease that requires serious treatment.

Some days she is a real downer and doesn t even realize how she sounds ~~~

We have recently noticed also that she NEVER asks anyone else how they are ~~~ Sad

Oh well ~~~~

I just try not to dwell on Fibro pain anymore ~~~ It has become a fact of life and I can t change it.

Marilyn

09/12/2009 02:31 PM
donnaferguson
donnaferguson  

I know there are alot of people that only think of themselves they don't have a clue on how to be kind or sensitive to others pain. marilyn I was kind of making a joke you know people that are in to pain like whips and chains???? I was acting silly, hugs donna

09/12/2009 03:30 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I think those people are NUTS. I really do. But it would be nice for us for sure. HUGS River

09/12/2009 05:35 PM
ouchthathurts

Yes! If only we could all learn to become masochists! We'd be excited every time we got a flare. That would be funny - "YES! A flare! Bring on the pain! Hurt me, baby, hurt me good!"

Haha...thanks for the giggle!

09/12/2009 05:37 PM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Good Lord Almighty!!!

first. I think its nuts

Second, my mom was like that...she was bipolar, and one of her highs was getting poison oak and she was deathly allergic to it, got in her esophagus, mouth all swollen oozing oozing oozing everywhere, she sometimes resembled a badly burned burn unit patient.

Then if we didn't do something just right she would go to bed for 3 days....always 3 days, I think she could hold out eating only that long....and she never ate anything we left at her door.

She and Dad could go three weeks without speaking to each other....and it had to be on her part, cuz Daddy was a talker. (guess you can see where I got it, )

IT FINALLY came to a head when she didn't answer the phone for a few days....When I finally got off my three 12hour shifts and came home she was furious, because she had eaten clams and gotten food poisoning and had such terrible headaches, and why wasn't I there to treat her.

I said she should have called me down in the city, and she said I should have known, and I said she well and truly plum crazy, and I didn't speak to HER again for 3 days. And a nice time off work though.

I refused to fall into her games any more after that.....yes indeedy we can break family patterns if we want to.

Nope, my dears, I think we can lick this thing, will take work, and eat into our lounging time, and we might not be able to drop everything and fly to Paris for Lunch with the girls, but we can lick this thing and have a fullfilling life after fibro!

love

Natalia

Post edited by: Natalia5150, at: 09/12/2009 05:38 PM

09/12/2009 05:43 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

You know the funny thing is, we often try to hide our pain and tell people we are fine. Those type of people want to tell you about every paper cut.

09/12/2009 05:55 PM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

WELL darling, you know what "fine" means???

F ***** up

Insecure

Neurotic

and

Emotional

my favorite of favorite of all favorites Psychologist told me that....little old gal, didn't look like she would say S*** if her mouth were.......

Golly I miss her.

hugs

Natalia

Post edited by: Natalia5150, at: 09/12/2009 05:56 PM

09/13/2009 01:13 AM
puppymom2

Marilyn, I think people like your co-worker want the attention and sympathy that a hurt or illness brings. My mother was is bi-polar and has border line personality disorder was very upset to find out she did NOT have cancer because then she would not be able to guilt us in to doing Christmas her way. To her illness is always a reason for others to wait on her. She has been healthy for awhile now so she pretends she has diabeties. She then will pick out restuarants based and what she can eat that will be okay for her make belaieve diabeties but then eats what ever she wants once we get there.

Traci

09/13/2009 07:02 AM
donnaferguson
donnaferguson  

ouchthathurts, oh my goodness your making me laugh hugs donna

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved