MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/15/2008 08:52 AM

Pain under breast and on side of breast

lmcclure4477
lmcclure4477  

I have been experiencing pain under both breast on the bone and also on my side next to the breast. The pain is either on the bone or on the chest wall muscles. Does anyone else experience this and if so, what did your doctor say about it? My doctors just say it is chest wall pain or they seem boggled by the pain. I had an MRI done, bone scan, and chest xray and all come out normal. I was just wondering if this is linked to fibro or is it somthing else to worry about?

04/15/2008 08:56 AM
thomasann
thomasann  

I think it is the fibro. I have pain all over my breasts non-stop.

04/15/2008 09:05 AM
mcbeth
mcbeth  

I have pain along my breast bone and the rib underneath my breast and my dr told me it was costochondritis and to take Aleve for it.

I have noticed that my breasts are very tender. Especially on the sides. I have to be carefull how I adjust my bra or even touch them they are so sore. I too wondered if it had to do with the fibro. I'm hesitant about asking the doctor as I really don't want her to do a breast exam...the poking and the prodding, it's gonna hurtPinch

Post edited by: mcbeth, at: 04/15/2008 11:09

04/15/2008 09:09 AM
thomasann
thomasann  

I don't blame you at all ! No breast exams here. I also refuse a mammogram. They are not squishing mine in that machine.

04/15/2008 09:34 AM
lmcclure4477
lmcclure4477  

I thought it may be costochondritis, but none of my doctors even mentioned that. I read about it online and thought that I might have it. My doctor also told me to take Aleve for the pain. Some days wearing a bra can be so painful!!

04/15/2008 09:38 AM
DoDo
DoDo  

Hearing so much about costochondritis now is kinda funny....why you ask? Well, over the years, actually, quite a few times I have heard doctors refer to my visits as having to do with that...and, this was like 15 years or so before I was finally diagnosed.

04/15/2008 09:41 AM
thomasann
thomasann  

You mean there is a name for it?

04/18/2008 07:19 PM
bubbly
bubbly  

I have the same thing! My physical therapist works on the soft tissue and it gives me relief for up to two months. Kinda akward though. Tongue

Glad I'm not alone in this boat!!!

04/25/2008 11:25 AM
rockmygypsysoul
rockmygypsysoul  

this helps out a lot!! i just started experiencing pain in my breasts, mostly on the sides, a few weeks ago and now that im flaring really badly, theyre very tender all over. good to know im not crazy and it (like just about everything!) is just the fibro...

04/27/2008 07:41 PM
mommyofsix / Friend2U
mommyofsixFriend2U  
I'm an Advocate

I'm so glad that someone posted about this. I was worried that I was pregnant again.......I can't be... because I had a hysterectomy....now I know that others have this with the fibro.....so thankful that I'm not alone and going nuts! Blink

Mine feel like when I was pregnant and they were starting to fill up. I can't even stand my arms or shirt rubbing on them somedays. Is there anything that helps with the pain?

I hope everyone is well, Your Friend, ChrisCool

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved