MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/10/2009 07:58 AM

Strange Pain/Crooked Leg(page 2)

suebaby41
suebaby41  

I believe I will call to see if I can see the doctor sooner. This pain is not severe but it is enough to be very uncomfortable even when I am sitting.

08/10/2009 08:12 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

does your foot turn out as well?

and it can be a disc problem all my pain from my back is actually the worst in my hips thats where the nerve is the worst and it causes my leg to turn out some..but a hip can also be the problem if when your lying down and your foot automatically flops to the side its hip..as for the groove that can be muscel waisting.. this needs to be checked soon you can be causing more damage to something that can be fixable please let us know how it goes.

Post edited by: broken, at: 08/10/2009 08:13 AM

08/10/2009 03:24 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

My knees turned inward from OA and my feet turned outward trying to align my limbs. My body tells my foot to walk this way.

If I put my feet together pointing in the correct direction, one of my knees (I had knee replacement in other, which is now straight) is turned in bad enough to touch my other leg. If I turn my foot (right foot) way to the right, then my knee is straight, thus my leg is....but....foot is out of line.

My ortho doc told me it certainly throws our bodies out of alignment. And causes all kinds of problems and pain.

I hope to get my right knee replaced soon. I love how my left one has responded to knee replacement.

sue, I hope you get answers soon dear.

Hugs

08/11/2009 08:14 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

lets remember when it come to things being out of line like that it will cause other problem in other areas "the hip bone is connected to the """ when you walk out of line your body adjust to fix the problem it might come from the knee but continuing to let it go will effect your hip and that in turn your back you all get the point.

my aunt bless her heart had had two "bad" knee replacements and absolutly refused to have them re done enless she was crawling around on her butt she is a very stubburn women and true to her word she was crawling around ( scooting) on her butt when finally they were re done.and it did do damage to her back..

08/12/2009 05:44 AM
suebaby41
suebaby41  

I called to see if I could see the doctor sooner but there were no openings. I will call back to check on cancellations.

My leg is hurting so bad today, I cannot walk without my walker. No pain medications seem to help. It even hurts some while I am sitting but not as bad as when I put weight on it.

I am thinking about going to my regular doctor to see what she says.

08/12/2009 05:52 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I don't think it would hurt Sue. Did you try leaving a message with the nurse at the orthos? Sometimes that'll get you in a whole lot quicker. If I need an appt now, I talk to the nurse. They can squeeze you in before a scheduler.

08/12/2009 08:39 AM
suebaby41
suebaby41  

Amy, I talked with the nurse and she told me to call back to check on cancellations.

Bits, when I have my legs out in front of me and relax, my right foot turns out while my left foot stays straight. When I wear pants with sewn-in-creases, you can really tell that my leg is turned outwards.

Broken, from what you say, I think it is my hip.

08/12/2009 08:47 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I would go to your regular doctor if you cant get in with the other good luck and keep us informed..

08/12/2009 08:55 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Well that sucks. I was hoping talking to the nurse would help. I'd go ahead to the regular dr. if it's bothering you really bad. See what they say. If nothing else, maybe they can at least manage the pain until the other dr appt.

08/12/2009 09:09 AM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

Sue, that sounds painful at the very least and most likely unbearable. I would definitely get in to see your md and hopefully they can get you in to see an ortho quicker. I don't know how you have been functioning all of this time with your leg like that.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved