MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/09/2009 01:35 AM

sleep all the time(page 6)

Kissmebaby
KissmebabyPosts: 198

Thank you for being there ALL of you.

Tina, Smile I'm getting better with this 'thread' thing.

My husband hit me with an Ambien and 1/2 muscle relaxer. It is unconscionable what these doctors do to our loved ones. It's one thing that we are sick. But, OUR LOVED ONES. What they go through is torture and helplessness.

Post edited by: Kissmebaby, at: 08/09/2009 02:06 AM

08/09/2009 02:03 AM
Kissmebaby

Thank you

Here is my update for today. I included the Insurance Board here in Califonia as well this time:

DIARY UNTIL I LOSE MY COBRA INSURANCE 8/22/09-sent to President (WH), .GOV site, all representatives, Sacramento: Center for Infectious Disease and anyone else that will listen.

080909 Sunday I am understanding NOW why I am losing my COBRA benefits after 18 months and not receiving the extension. I am losing my insurance because my carrier is in Texas. Therefore, they are exempt from California rules and regulations. All of my Colleagues are losing theirs as well.

08/09/2009 06:21 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

kissmebaby,

bless your heart sweetie what can I say, can you file for an emergancey medicare Im not sure how to do it.. I would contact local papers and news outlets telling them the story..bless your heart we are here for you..

08/09/2009 08:09 AM
Kissmebaby

You know what!!!

When all this started Thursday, I also included my SSA representative here in town. She is the only one that called me Friday with that update. She was pleasant and most of you know they are not.

Strange because when I told her I was NOT EXPECTING but hoping she was bummed. Then I went on to say: I should have filed sooner but I was on SSA from 1992-2000 (car accident-rear-ended on the freeway when I was stopped in traffic/broke my back). I worked my butt off with doctors and surgeries to get back to work. She said: REALLY? Maybe there is something there. However, as we all know: EXPECTATIONS are what hurt us.

I have included ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, FoxNews... Actually at first, all I did was include FoxNews because they are my outlet. Then I realized, my story wouldn't fit their adgenda. That thought bummed me out because they are MY news station.

Post edited by: Kissmebaby, at: 08/09/2009 08:11 AM

08/09/2009 08:13 AM
Kissmebaby

I have also been updating my COBRA company and BCBS carrier Smile

08/09/2009 01:01 PM
gratefulmj

Hey Kissmebaby my heart goes out to you. The tears are rolling down my face that you have to go through such an ordeal. I pray that G-d sends you relief quickly. Here is a link for dealing with insurance companies: http://living.health.com/2008/03/07/nine-secrets-health- insurers-dont-want-you-to-know/

Have you tried contacting a health insurance advocate? The link above contains links to finding an advocate, contact the Patient Advocate Foundation, says Laura Weil, interim director of Sarah Lawrence College's Health Advocacy Program. Another helpful resource is the Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy. Also try checking with the medical association for a particular condition.

take care,

MJ

08/09/2009 01:20 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Sending you positive thoughts, Kissmebaby--all I can do Sad

08/09/2009 01:31 PM
Kissmebaby

I'm on it. If anyone thinks of anyone else to send this to please feel free. I am immediately turning around and sending them to suggested resources.

Let's talk about when we all get better. I am so sorry to stir everyone. It doesn't help our flare-ups. Don't cry. This is nothing new. We are going through all or at least part of this. Each and everyone of us.

I love you all: How about those Dodgers Smile

08/09/2009 01:33 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

ugh...baseball Smile

08/09/2009 03:40 PM
gheersmom

kissmebaby I wish you the best with insurance companies. What a nightmare. If I can figure out anything that might help you I wll pass it on.

As for the Dodgers...CAN WE HAVE MANNY BACK???PLEASE???? Obviously a RedSox fan even though if they dont win toight I may scream. My ever so wise Grandpa taught me to love the game and said I could love any team I wanted and any team from NY that was not the Yankees. And he lived there some 80 years...LOL

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 6 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved