MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/04/2008 02:27 PM

Mood Swings

dcvdv72

Can anyone tell me how FMS affects mood swings.

My wife was diagnosed with FMS about 4 years ago, but she has terrible mood swings.

Also she can't take eny meds becuase they give her adverse reactions.

Any ideas

04/04/2008 02:33 PM
Linny
Linny  

PMS Wink just kidding. Im not sure if its the fibro that affects your mood or the pain from the fibro. but i know my mood changes like CRAZY, i think mine is from the cymbalta im on.

04/04/2008 02:44 PM
Dedoodle
Dedoodle  

There are numerous articles on the web indicating that fibro/CFS/CEBV cause similar signs and symptoms of bipolar (mood swings) irritablity etc...

I experience (and have for several years now mood swings). I would add the links but lost them when I had to take my computer back to factory settings. Sorry.

04/04/2008 04:06 PM
Maineiac

I'm sorry that your wife can't take meds to help her. Even with meds I have mood swings. I believe that it's the pain from the Fibro that causes them but it could be the fatigue as well. I hope she and you can find some relief. Good luck to you both.

04/04/2008 04:20 PM
sweetheartsuzee
sweetheartsuzee  

I'm sure that my mood swings are because of pain, fatigue and of course...depression.

It is SOO HARD living every, single day like we have to. ESPECIALLY with no meds...that poor thing! Sad It seems like one day...I wake up feeling kind of 'ok'....then I have anxiety or get a headache or am too tired to do anything. Therefore, I go from being half way happy to miserable. With Fibro...we never know what to expect. So when it looks like it might be a good day and then it ends up even worse than what I thought...well...there's a reason for my mood change. And, it's instant! Also, depression itself can cause mood swings. Another thing I've noticed is that a lot of people with Fibro are irritable...so if I'm feeling okay and then become irritated...it only takes one little thing to make me 'turn'...I guess I'd call it! I guess I just get this "I CAN'T WIN FOR LOSING" feeling a lot and it's really soo not fun, let alone not FAIR...and that's a big mood changer!

I wish you luck! Has you wife surfed this site?? Might be a good idea!

{{{{Help Hugs}}}}

04/04/2008 07:18 PM
mamanordy

Mood swings, who me??? LOL My dh thinks he lives with two different wives: the nice Debbi and the bitchy Debbi...

04/04/2008 08:18 PM
hipmama42
hipmama42  

I still have mood swings, but they are much easier to manage since I've found the right combo of antidepressants to help manage the depression and anxiety. I've had a "mood disorder" all of my life and have had to treat it with medications since I was about 19. This was way before the fibro symptoms started. Another huge factor for me has been the mood swings caused by my monthly menstrual cycle. For years I've suffered from serious PMS mood swings and irritability. It has gotten worse as I am nearly in menopause. My meds help so much in leveling out the hormonal mood fluctuations. Right now I say, menopause, bring it on!

I am sick of being so bloated and b**chy for two weeks out of every month! For those two weeks of PMS my fibro pain and stiffness, as well as the fatigue, is so much worse! I am sure there is a connection between the fibro symptoms and my hormones.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved