MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/21/2009 11:58 AM

Snap, Crackle, Pop?

DesertDragon
DesertDragonPosts: 92

For years I have had popping joints. My ankels, shoulders, knees, wrists etc. Many mornings I wake up and tilt my head to the side to get a serious of pops, usually 5 or 6. My fingers always feel like they need to pop which is probably something they got used to when I was in martial arts as a kid (which might have been when i got the fibro triggering injury.)

But its left me wondering... is this something a lot of people with fibro deal with? Or am I just related to a rice crispy treat?

07/21/2009 12:12 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello my knees and back POP once in awhile my neck. HUGS River

07/21/2009 12:15 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I pop too but I also have arthritis so I don't know which causes it.

07/21/2009 12:39 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

I pop, especially my kness and back. I have arthritis as well. They both probably cause it.

07/21/2009 12:58 PM
DesertDragon

I don't have arthritis. My doctor has heard my popping and commented that it is unusual for someone to have that without arthritis or another cause.

07/21/2009 01:23 PM
Nitalynn
Nitalynn  

My neck, knees and ankles have popped and crackled every since I can remember. As far as I know I don't have arthritis in them.

07/21/2009 01:25 PM
tracy6878
tracy6878  
VIP Member

i have pops and cracks and all too...told me no arthritis either...after my popping is done...they sometimes hurt alot more...

07/21/2009 01:26 PM
sosore

My shoulders always pop when i am getting exam by my rheum

with my fibromyalgia. my knees been lately too.

and i was tested for Arthritis and i do not have that either.

maybe it's something to do with medications taken or

having fibro. not sure but it's weird i keep snapping,popping,

like if my bones are cracking or breaking.i guess if it something i should worry bout my doctor would looked more into it.

because he always been picking things up that i been getting monthly.

If you find out what it can be without having arthritis PLEASE email me and let me know. thanksSideways

Post edited by: sosore, at: 07/21/2009 01:27 PM

07/21/2009 02:21 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I actually thought about making the same thread same name..I snap crackle and pop all the time my knees and shoulders are the worst now its just about all of my joints..and no arthritist..I figure its liters or tendants that are tight and pulling because of the muscels I am no doctor but if any of you find a cause let me know

07/21/2009 02:36 PM
DesertDragon

I don't think its the medications in my case. I have been popping since I was around 13/14 and my PAIN onset of fibro was at 16, however in hindsight my other symptoms onset around 15 that i know of. Over the years I have been given pain killers and antinflammitories once or twice, but up until October I was not on any daily medication. Now I am on gabapentin and naproxen and considering trying Lyrica. My point is that I have been popping for a LONG time, since long before the meds.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved