MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/16/2009 08:51 AM

Pain is a habit for me!

aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I just wanted to tell you guys about something really strange that I have noticed. About myself.

Most of you know that I'm on a new drug that has virtually eliminated my pain. You know how high I'm flying on that, just to not be in pain! It's what we all dream of.

Here's the weird part. I notice that I still talk like I'm in pain. I got so used to it. For instance, I'll say, "I get this pain when I do that." Know what I mean?

I guess I need to start prefacing those statements with "Used to." It's very weird.

I wonder if part of it is that in the back of my mind, I'm worried that this is only temporary. That the drug will stop working like they always seem to.

I feel a little guilty, too. Because I know so many of you are still in so much pain. I'd give anything if you weren't.

Those of you that have tried getting my drug from your doctors and haven't been able to... that completely angers me and breaks my heart.

I mean, I'm sure that it probably doesn't work for everyone, nothing does, but you should absolutely have the chance to try it.

Having access to pain meds that could potentially stop or reduce your pain, well that should be a constitutional amendment!

Yet, thanks to people like Michale Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith, and all the others, it would probably never happen. Which is utterly ridiculous. That's a commentary on rich people. Regular people could NEVER afford to be that kind of an addict!

Sorry, I started out just wanting to tell you guys something weird that I had noticed and it turned into an editorial!

Anyway, I wish for each and everyone of you a deliriously pain free day Smile

Smooches! Tina

07/16/2009 09:03 AM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

Tina, this may sound wierd but I think it's true for those of us that have been in pain for so many years. My grandmother says that she wouldn't know she was alive if she didn't have pain. It's almost like pain becomes a companion. Like a really mean sister. It's something that is always there, like you can count on it to show up everyday no matter what else happens. I'm sure this sounds bizarre but I think it will take you time to get used to going without it. I have an appointment next week with pain md to see if I can try your med. We'll see what he says.

07/16/2009 09:17 AM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

Good Luck Steffanie. I sure hope you are able to try it. I can not wait to see my new PM doctor next month, I will have so much information and knowledge by then that hopefully that will help my visit with him.

Elizabeth

07/16/2009 09:26 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

lol Steff on the mean sister, I have a few of those that I'm willing to share.

Tina, we are all so happy for you and don't you dare feel guilty. You suffered long enough and I pray that you continue to live pain free. Good luck to both of you Liz and Steff...that would be great news if you can get it and it works Smile

Connie

07/16/2009 10:38 AM
michann
michann  

definitely don't feel guilty, I am so happy for you

07/16/2009 01:19 PM
mvgallegos
mvgallegos  

Tina,

I forget what is the med called that helps you so much? I need to ask my nuero about it.

vivian

07/16/2009 01:30 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Tina! You are so crazy! Why are you feeling guilty for not being in pain? Wouldn't you be really happy for me or any other person on here who wasn't in pain even if you still were? Silly thing!

07/16/2009 02:16 PM
0hCasty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

Tina I can totally understand what you mean. The pain has been such a constant companion for so many years that you don't trust that it's really gone. I can so imagine that is how I would feel too.

I am so happy for you that you don't have this pain anymore and I certainly don't want you to feel guilty about not having it. You are the light at the end of a very long tunnel for us sweetness. Don't you forget that Wink

07/16/2009 02:16 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

what are you taking Tina...Savella?

and never feel guilty for not being in pain...Good for you that it is working..Veyr happy for you

07/16/2009 09:21 PM
DianaOz
DianaOz  

Yeah Tina Ballerina! Be pain-free and feel great for it possum!!!

Ozzie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved