MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/15/2009 09:57 PM

Spasms? (Or, maybe I'm just a spaz)

ender
enderPosts: 34

Has anyone had difficulty with spasms? I've been getting them in my upper back and neck -- was given Robaxin recently -- it helped, sort of. Although the epicenter of these come from between the shoulder blades. They come on quick and last up to 4 days. I'm walking around like a mini Al Gore. I can't turn my head, which is unnaturally large to start with. Does anyone else experience this? (Not my fat head -- the spasms.)

Thanks,

ender

http://fibro-blogger.blogspot.com

07/15/2009 10:15 PM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

Ender, you make me laugh. What are you talking about when you say spasms. Do they hurt? I have had spasms occurring here recently, just in various places. These spasms do not hurt and only last for a few minutes. I am thinking mine is my meds, I have never had them before.

Are you saying the picture you have on your profile is a good replica of you?

Elizabeth Smile

07/15/2009 10:17 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh, Ender, stop! You're killing me! ROFL!

Yeah, I've had those. Where it spasms so badly that it just locks up? Massage helps. Heat or ice, whichever makes it feel better.

I think my sleep position affects mine a lot. Whenever I'm able to sleep flat on my back, my whole back, neck and shoulder areas don't seem to have as much pain or be as stiff.

Maybe try experimenting with different sleep positions. I can be hard, I know. I've never been a back sleeper. I've worked on it, though, and now I am Smile

Oh, you might try something like bengay or absorbine jr. or icy hot or whatever, too.

Tina

07/15/2009 10:25 PM
Sonni
Sonni  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Ender

Are you saying you get muscle twitches? Sometimes my muscles tense up while I'm sitting and next thing I know my knee comes up and I have a stabbing pain--are you having something like that? Shoot, if it weren't for my belly flab my knee would be knocking my teefies out!

07/16/2009 06:23 AM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello Ender you have a good attitude making us all laugh. Yes I get spasms everyday all over mine only last for seconds though but they are seconds from he **. Hugs river

07/16/2009 07:57 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I get them alot despite the fact that I'm on a muscle relaxer. Mine get so bad in fact that they've pulled my ribs out of alignment before!

07/16/2009 07:59 AM
bc1028
bc1028  

I get those awful spasms and can tell you they are a pain in the neck. I have taken muscle relaxers in the past including robaxin but have found that none of them really helped me very much. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

07/16/2009 12:19 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

I get spasms and twitches mostly at night. I have been told that I have scar tissue from the spasms in my back. I guess the good part is that once you have enough scar tissue they stop twitching. Sorry about your big head. My brother has an unusually large head and his two kids inherited it. Kind of a joke in my family. My brother says his head is bigger because his brain is so huge. Whatever. Smile

07/16/2009 01:10 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Both my husband and both kids have large heads. In fact my husband' nickname is Jughead or blockhead. I have to buy a larger size shirt for the kids to accomadate their head!

07/16/2009 11:11 PM
ender
enderPosts: 34

Thanks for all the feedback - In answer to a few, the spasms I'm talking about are sharp pains that come on without warning or exertion, like a charlie horse that doesn't go away for a few days. I've been x-rayed when this happens and the muscle showed up as stick-straight. I was told that muscle tissue should be more curved and relaxed over the skeleton. So-- straight = bad, I guess.

Dear Elizabeth -- in response to your question: Are you saying the picture you have on your profile is a good replica of you?

Yes, except I'm actually much greener in person.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved