MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/26/2008 06:57 PM

provigal

peggyo

Can anyone tell me about provigil? I am taking it and it seems to give me a little energy. I don't think it's good for me. Is there any side effects?

03/26/2008 07:12 PM
mamanordy

03/26/2008 07:28 PM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

HI..I take Provigil and I will tell you I would not trade it for anything... mY insurance co just said it would not cover it ...so I will pay the 300 out of pocket.... It is not for giving you energy... it is for helping you think and concentrate.......

It has really helped me..

Craig

03/27/2008 11:41 AM
hipmama42
hipmama42  

I am badly wanting to try the Provigil and my doctor agreed that it might be useful for me because my fatigue is chronic and extreme to the point that I am sleeping away every day in bed...no energy and not able to focus or concentrate on anything for very long. As with Craig, my insurance will not pay....and I cannot afford it.

So I am starting off with low dose of Ritalin twice a day...it is helping somewhat but I wish I could afford to try the Provigil. My doctor feels that it is not as potentially addictive and has fewer serious side effects when taken as directed by people who truly need it to be able to function effectively and take care of their duties at home or at work. I have read that for people with adult ADD or ADD-like symptoms caused by fibro fog, it doesn't affect us by producing a high or a buzz like it would in a normal brain,

just lifts us up halfway back to normal, and we rarely become addicted if we take it as prescribed.

I can honestly say that so far the Ritalin makes me more alert and a little more energy, but also produces a little hand tremor which I don't like. ALL medicines have side effects, bottom line, so you have to weigh the benefit of taking them vs. unacceptable side effects.

03/29/2008 05:42 PM
singingangel

The provigal helped me but sometimes made my heart beat too fast.

03/29/2008 06:25 PM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am going with an on line pharm. and it looks like I can get my provigil for about 134 dollars .....

Hope it works..

03/30/2008 05:08 AM
Gwenda

Ask your doctor for a prescription of Dextroamp Sul SR10mg. It is a substitute for dexedrine. I use to take provigil but my insurance co pay was too high. So my doctor tried dextroamp and it works pretty good. Also, if you can, try to get at least 8-10 hours of sleep. If I get over tired, it takes forever to feel ok again. I always say fibromyalgia won't kill you. You just wish you were dead sometimes. Hang in there.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved