MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/28/2008 02:24 PM

Why do my arms hurt so much?(page 2)

thomasann
thomasann  

I get the same feeling in my hands. Numbness, tingling, cold, stiff, pain in hands and fingers. I use a hot water bottle and wrap my hands up in it. Cannot hold a pen to write anymore so I have a big piece of sponge wrapped around my pen to cushion it.I also have raynauds in my hands and feet tho. But that hot water bottle sure feels good on them!

03/28/2008 03:28 PM
Midnyte

I can't remember who posted about having issues using a pen/pencil but anyways... If you have a local Dollar General, Family Dollar, or one of the one dollar stores, they usually carry these little slip on adjusters for pens/pencils that make it so much easier to write for more than a second or two. I usually try to get the big bulky pens whenever possible to help prevent the cramps and pain.

I also would like to extend a tip that hopefully will help make meal time easier. I make big batches of pastas, sauces, and like someone else, cook ground beef and divide into meal sizes. It makes preparing a meal much easier on those really painful days. I also save the plastic containers from t.v. dinners and use those for making individual meals. I've always been known to overcook and by saving those, I can make entire meals that just have to be popped into the microwave and dinner is ready.

I have other suggestions I will post a bit later. I really hope these little tips will help someone. I feel that helping others in the smallest way makes the pain a bit easier to bear because it helped me learn ways to help others. After all, isn't that one of the greatest reasons to go on? Smile

04/01/2008 08:20 PM
dreamcatchr74
dreamcatchr74  

I am with you all! my arms are killing me! I used to think it was a dystonia attack. but that usually goes away when I take my pain meds but its not. It is definitly something I will be talking to my new doc about!

04/01/2008 08:50 PM
spruce1
spruce1  

I can relate to you all with arm pain. It started with pain in the one hand them went up the arm and then it happened the same way in my other arm. I have tingling and needles all the time. It even wakes me up at nite.

They ruled everything else out. I had thought it was because I have stenosis in my neck but was told that wouldn't cause it to happen the way it did. They did nerve tests a couple of times too. Well, it wasn't until I got on this forum for us fibro sufferers that I found others also have it. So now I can quite worrying about it and just enjoy the painGrin !!

Spruce

04/01/2008 08:54 PM
dreamcatchr74
dreamcatchr74  

Yep welcome to our hell LOL

04/01/2008 09:12 PM
DoDo
DoDo  

Hell........and why is it a revolving door that stops when you get in....I wanna go back!

04/02/2008 07:15 AM
coffeebean
coffeebean  

I too get alot of hand and finger pain and also wrist pain. Those days being on the computer is no fun either. I do rely a lot on the crockpot for meals and get them ready in the morning and let it cook slow all day and then by the time I am really running down and starting to hurt...presto I have dinner and am then so thankful too. This works for all the pains actually, not just hands. I have a tough time gripping things a lot too. The crockput works wonders with roasts - throw in some potatoes, onions and carrots or chicken with spices. You can really use your imagination. I know I have and everyone loves it and the meat is extremely tender.

04/02/2008 07:25 AM
Kaze
Kaze  

coffeebean, I have alot of pain in my wrist and arms and I have numbness and tingling in certain fingers on my right hand. The Doctor told me that I have the being of carpel tunnel in both arms and that that is a part of fibro.Angry not real sure but thats what he said. So you might check on that. I know they will do surgery on it if it gets to a certain point but not until then. I can't even hardly set the table. Its hard to get the plates out of the cupboard. But I did put them on the bottom shelf. I am trying to put anything heavy lower. Just some silly hints for the daySilly Kaze

04/02/2008 07:54 AM
coffeebean
coffeebean  

Thanks Kaze. I too have wondered about carpel tunnel. I have it for days and then it clears up...?? I know it is painful on the days it is acting up. I have had tarsal tunnel in both ankles and had surgery. That is the same thing is a different place in your body. I hope it is not carpel tunnel, that would not be fun. Thanks!

04/02/2008 07:59 AM
Kaze
Kaze  

I hope its not either, I have never had to have any kind of surgery, I don't think I would do very well.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved