MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/14/2009 04:00 AM

anyone else suffer from the shakes?

emtgal
emtgal  

over the past 6 - 8 weeks, i've been noticing my legs and hands shaking. this has managed to get worse after time. i've also noticed over the last few days my head has started shaking also. my doc has sent me for an mri, which i'm having done on friday morning.

does anyone else suffer symptoms like this with their fibro?

i'm a little worried. Blink

07/14/2009 04:02 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

I do...some days are so bad i cant hold anything my head doesn't shake but hands and legs do

07/14/2009 04:05 AM
mommabird
mommabird  

Yes, I do. Some days I have to eat with a spoon because stuff falls off the fork. My head doesn't shake but my hands and legs do. Let me know if youfind out anything from the MRI. Good luck

07/14/2009 04:09 AM
emtgal
emtgal  

thanks Adewyn and Momma. so is it just fibro for you guys? i'm worried about MS. my partner knows about the shakes and is trying to calm me by saying it's probably a pinched nerve, but i haven't told him about the head yet...

i hadn't read previously about the shakes with FMS - though after my first post above, found other chats about this issue, which i'm just reading through now.

07/14/2009 04:40 AM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

I was also unaware or have not read anything about "the shakes" being a part of Fibro. I do not have this, but this does concern me now that I have read this thread. Is this possibly a symptom to look forward to?

Why would we shake with Fibro? Is it the nervous system being effected by Fibro to a degree we can not control the shaking? Like Michael J. Fox with Parkinsons? Can Fibro mimic Parkinsons as well?

Just curious. It seems to never cease to amaze me at what we all go through, and the broad range of symptoms we must endure. Sad

Elizabeth

Post edited by: emendoza23, at: 07/14/2009 04:41 AM

07/14/2009 04:51 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

They havent checked me yet for ms but that will be a topic of discussion on my septemeber appt. because i get the shakes and one side of my body goes limp to the point of paralysis especially my left arm and my left side of face and half way down my left side left legg just gets tingly atm

07/14/2009 09:45 AM
Rainmist
Rainmist  

I shake badly during flares - yes head too - and if I flex my hands at the wrist they shake badly 24/7, ankles too. All intention tremors (on movement) not when I hold my hands still. Some mornings I wake up and can feel my chest and shoulders vibrating and it moves out to my hands when I stand up and walk around. I've just had a brain mri looking for MS, which apparently is clear. My GP says the shaking and neuro symptoms aren't fibro, and I can't get the neurologist to say anything at all, so who knows!!

07/14/2009 09:48 AM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

I get tremors occasionally when I am very tired. For me it is my hands and sometimes legs.

07/15/2009 03:27 AM
emtgal
emtgal  

thanks all. it is frustrating that we have these symptoms that can't be explained by anything, so hands are thrown up and it's put down to fibro...the symptoms just seem endless.

i'll keep you all posted after my apt - don't know if i will find out on the day, but as soon as i know something, will keep you guys in th eloop - may help someone else.

XO

07/15/2009 03:56 AM
DianaOz
DianaOz  

I can get pretty bad shakes in my hands. It comes and goes so doesn't seem to annoy me much.

My heart jerks from time to time...but it's usually when I'm having muscle spasms throughout my body.

Ozzie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved