MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/12/2009 08:27 PM

NAUSEA WITH FIBRO?

cmt49829
cmt49829  

I have been feeling nauseus alot lately and IM owndering if it's related to my fibro. any one else have this?

Sick

07/12/2009 08:32 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

I do know that food allergies are very common in people with fibro, me being one of them. Have you added something new to your diet?

07/12/2009 10:07 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I get nausea quite a bit. It goes to the point of gagging if I smell food after I eat. I've noticed it's worse when I'm ovulating for whatever reason.

07/13/2009 07:53 AM
tupelojenny
tupelojenny  

I am right there with hatbox. I've been nauseous since yesterday - and I am getting ready to have my period. I couldn't even get out of bed this morning because of the nausea. I even took my nausea meds and they didn't work. UGH. So yes, sounds like others get nausea too. I guess the only good thing is that misery loves company! Try some peppermint tea if you can get it down or a banana. Both of those seem to help me.

07/13/2009 08:39 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

I do not experience this, Thank the good Lord. I hate that feeling!!! I hope you ladies find some way to relieve it as I can imagine it must get old very quickly Sad

Connie

07/13/2009 08:50 AM
cmt49829
cmt49829  

it seems I get nausea MORE when I have a headache or head / neck pain. but lately it seems I feel nauseus more often than not. Sad blech !!

07/13/2009 09:53 AM
Rainmist
Rainmist  

Me too, a LOT of them time Tongue I find cutting down on sugar helps a little bit, but it seems to be another of those fun things...

07/13/2009 10:37 AM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

cmt49829, First let me say, WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY! I don't think we have met. I'm shortstuff. I know how you feel about the nausea you are having. I get that way when I take one of my meds on an empty stomach. Try taking your meds with some toast or milk. It has really helped my nausea since I ate something first. It doesn't have to be alot, just something to coat your stomach for your meds.

There could be another reason, don't get mad at me for asking. Is there any chance that you could be pregent? If this problems continues, even after you try eating and then taking your meds. Let your doctor know. I Hope this helps? Hang in there. I am so happy that you are with us. God Bless You. shortstuff welcome 4

07/13/2009 10:47 AM
janiliz
janilizPosts: 210

Hello CMT good to meet you. The symptoms you have described, nausea, headache, and neck pain - sometimes with joint pain generally for me, but mainly neck pain. These were some of my earliest symptoms of FM and continue to be very distressing at times. The symptoms come in bouts and a bout can last from days to a couple weeks. When the bout clears up that group of symptoms seem to disappear altogether until the next bout. I have just reached menopause there have been times when i wondered whethter these symptoms were hormonal but I am more convicted than ever that these are FM related.

Blessings, Janiliz

07/13/2009 12:07 PM
tupelojenny
tupelojenny  

My doc also told me that nausea is a very common response to constant pain -- just overload on the brain, so perhaps if you are having a lot of pain and can work on getting that under control; then the nausea may decrease. I hope you feel better soon!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved