MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/19/2008 08:15 AM

How do you all deal?

Chele
Chele  

With the mixture of children, work, household duties, errands, school functions, and pain?

I could use some encouraging words...

03/19/2008 08:20 AM
mamanordy

Well, I no longer work and my kids are grown. So that is good. Household duties, errands, grocery shopping is done by my husband. I can fold towels or do a bit of dusting, but he has to vacuum the carpet, clean the tubs and the floors.

I frequently rest in between doing what I am doing and then continue.

I feel for you, I remember the days of my son having to go to sports practice, etc and I sometimes could barely make it. I was so glad when he started driving. I have had fibro since 1992 (well that was when I was diagnosed.

Is there any other parent who could take your kids to the school functions? And couldnt you have a friend or fam member to do your errands?

03/19/2008 09:14 AM
jeanna4m

I am right there with you. I guess the main thing is to hold to your family. My house is not up to snuff and I can't do all that I would like but my family knows that I am there for them. I don't work anymore and I know that on days that do my major shopping (about 2 hours worth)I know that is all that I can do for that day. The main thing is just take one day at a time. Good luck.

03/19/2008 09:32 AM
Sandi

Hi Chele,

I don't think I have welcomed you to the group and I do. I have a mixture of kids too. My kids could drive but we can't afford to put them on the insurance.

Inspiring words....This is difficult because the rain has made me a little grumpy,

Divide you duties up b/t what you have to do and what you think you have to do. I used to be at every event and even practice. Now, I go to what I feel like attending. I do feel guilty sometimes, but I have to take care of me too, and that makes for a better tomorrow for everyone.

Don't be afraid to let people know you are not up to snuff. Ease off of the volunteering. Get someone else like your older child, your mom or dad, or a friend to take your turn. There is no shame in being sick. You would probably be the first one to do it for someone else.

Housework---Do what has to be done, divide up the chores into days. Ask for help. Do you go to church. Maybe someone there could help. Kids can do alot more than you think,

If not---Dirty room---Bad day---Close door!

Biggest insight: If people come to see you and the house is a mess, just remember, they are there to see you not the house.

Quick cleaning hint:

1)Open nearest door and throw everything that doesen't belong in room into that closet.

2)sprinkle lysol or other nice smelling cleaning

stuff in corners where company will not go

3)light candles

YOU ARE READY FOR COMPANY

Hope this helps,

Sandi

03/19/2008 09:51 AM
circleofdolphins
circleofdolphins  

heres alittle what i can offer...

1.find close friends or family that are willing to give you some help

2.kno that there was a time when you could do it all by your self.

3.take a bath on those stressful days and leave a not on the door(me time please) me time is very important when you have Chronic Disorders.

4. Buy a shirt from fibrofighters.com that says( I'm not taking this laying downSmile)

5. light some candles around the house,if you have a small waterfall,it is proven that running water slowing,removes negative feelings.

6.If you enjoy flowers,either buys some and plant them or look online at different types of flowers...they will emotional balance

7.sit in the sun for about 15mins for some vitamin D

8. find a hobbie-that always seems to help others

if you need anymore suggestions you may contact me

Have a wonderful day"

**Tamara**

03/19/2008 09:53 AM
circleofdolphins
circleofdolphins  

One more thing for people with any Chronic Disorder,like fibro

join this sit for fun games and memory games

Neopets.com,lol

all of you will get a kick out of it,just becareful it can become addicting,lol

03/19/2008 11:23 AM
Chele
Chele  

LOL.. You all are a hoot!! I have a membership to Neopets.. You are right, it is addicting and fun!! Just I can not type that much because my arms ache so bad...

Dirty room---Bad day---Close door!

I LOVE that!!! I do live by that....

03/19/2008 11:26 AM
Chele
Chele  

Another thing.. I don't have any family within 250 miles of me.. I do have some friends that help and being solely responsible for my youngest (her father isn't around) I have to do everything for her almost..

The schools understand that I can't do everything and that I am not well alot. Me being such a giving person, I tend to end up doing the most involved 1 thing a month in the schools..

03/19/2008 11:38 AM
circleofdolphins
circleofdolphins  

Just try to take one step at a time chele,it will all work out...we are here for you..

**Tamara**

03/19/2008 11:39 AM
Chele
Chele  

Thanks..

I do find that going out in the sun helps alot!! I live in South Florida and going to the beach even in the dead of winter is always an option for me..

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved