MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/16/2008 05:31 PM

difficulty swallowing

hopie
hopie  

I recently started to have difficulty swallowing.It feels like there is a lump in my throat and Im constantly trying to swallow .It feels like I am gulping really hard to swallow.Its starting to really bother me and I dont know if its yet another symptom of fibro?Does anybody have this problem or have any idea what it might be?Thanks,Hope

03/16/2008 05:34 PM
jesusmyjoy
jesusmyjoy  

My hands and feet started swelling when I was on the lyrica..I didn't have swelling to much before I went off that med..go see your doctor...it could be something more..

03/16/2008 05:50 PM
coffeebean
coffeebean  

Hopie - Sorry to hear that you are having that problem. Do you have acid reflux by any chance? That can cause that feeling of a lump in your throat or something there that makes you have to swallow hard. I had that problem before I took meds for the acid reflux.

03/16/2008 05:54 PM
hopie
hopie  

I did mention it to the dr.s when it first started and they did mention acid reflux.I did try to start prilosec but it gave me dry mouth real bad and really havent tried anything since.Maybe I should try something else.Was yours relieved when you started meds?Its a horrible feeling.

03/16/2008 06:10 PM
tammync

I occasionally have difficulty swallowing. Seems to come in phases like everything else. I had a barium swallow study done and nothing abnormal was found so I try not to worry about it too much.

03/16/2008 06:17 PM
hopie
hopie  

Thats good to know.I had a swallow study done too before it got this bad and it was fine .Maybe I shouldnt worry.

03/16/2008 06:18 PM
Snoopy30
Snoopy30  

I have troble swallowing at times. I do have acid reflux and occasionally take meds but I also have allergies and sometimes I think that's the cause

03/16/2008 06:28 PM
hopie
hopie  

like seasonal allergies?Or allergic reactions to different things?Do you think your throat is swelling shut?I'm just trying to get some ideas because I do have a few things I am allergic to.Thanks

03/16/2008 06:35 PM
Snoopy30
Snoopy30  

no mine are seasonal type allergies. I have alot of trouble with chronic sinusitis too. When my sinuses do drain it seems it drains down the back of my throat making the swallowing worse

03/16/2008 06:45 PM
hopie
hopie  

Oh I see.Thanks for the input!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved