MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/16/2009 05:09 AM

Insomnia

hmccoy
hmccoy  

I cant get a wink of sleep lately, I wake up every 1-2 hours.Ive tried over the counter sleep aids, and benidryl. I just dont know what to do any more. Im so tired i can barely function on top of this flare up!Unsure

06/16/2009 05:22 AM
hmccoy
hmccoy  

is any1 there to talk to???HELP!Wassat

06/16/2009 05:51 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Heather, hi honey. I'm sorry you haven't slept and you're having a flair. I'm sorry if you already told me and I don't remember but what have you tried for sleeping meds? Do you live by yourself? Have you considered counseling? It makes a big difference, believe me. Do you attend a church and have someone you could talk too? I'm very concerned about you, maybe you should call your doctor and let him know how badly you feel. I wish I could give you a hug but I'm praying for you. You won't always feel like this, it's a matter of finding the right docs to work together and the right meds. You will get your life back at least to some degree. You are so young to have to go through this but you can't give up, you have to be strong and fight it. Please keep us informed on the next step you're going to take to begin to feel better.

Connie

06/16/2009 07:08 AM
amazzon

Hi Heather...the pain from my bursitis keeps me up at night. Sometimes the meds themselves have side effects, which involve insomnia. You may want to run a search on all your meds and see which one may be causing you the insomnia. Stress is also an indicator for insomnia.

If you find yourself awake at night, you can try the Insomnia group. I am usually there.

I hope you find the answers you need honey.

Love and hugs...Amazzon

I

06/16/2009 07:11 AM
BelaBo

Honey, you're probably flaring because you aren't sleeping. When we sleep is when our muscles repair themselves. No sleep, no repair, TONS of pain!

Have you tried Melatonin. I take 3mg and it works well for me. I think I got mine at WalMart, Rite Aid???? Maybe GNC. Mine is by TwinLab but any brand will be ok. It can be pretty pricey @ $15.99 a bottle but it does help.

Another good one is Formula 303. It is a natural relaxant that helps with muscle spasm, tension, and stress. I pay $12.00 and get it from my friend who works for a chiropractor. You can get it online for $12.95 including shipping.

http://www.formula303.com/prices.htm

I hope this helps you and hope you can get the rest you need to rid yourself of the this awful flare.

Lovins!

06/16/2009 07:14 AM
BelaBo

ya know, we really need to go over some things with you. you are in so much pain too often for my liking.

06/16/2009 07:14 AM
hmccoy
hmccoy  

Hi connie, Ive been trying to find a support group by me because i cannot drive. Im just so sad all the time. I wasnt to be "normal" whateverthat is. I go to the doc nxt week so maybe he can help.im on pain meds and anxiety meds,I just cant stop crying it hurts so bad. I live w my VERY supportive boyfriend of 2 years. he's the bestTongue Im thinking about seeking out a mental health clinic...i was mentally abused as a child....

06/16/2009 07:18 AM
hmccoy
hmccoy  

I no and im kinda scared. What if im just in a bad flare up constantly, Or even worse I might have Lupus. I hsvent been tested for that again in months...Ne ideas bo? i need some sort of relief!

06/16/2009 07:20 AM
hmccoy
hmccoy  

ive never tried Melatonin, It really helps you sleep at night?

06/16/2009 07:30 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Make sure you speak with your doctor next week about all these issues. I think seeking a mental health clinic in your area is a great idea. If you look in the phone book, there should be numbers you can call to speak with someone immediatly. Is your boyfriend home with you or does he work? Try to focus on something positive, something that you love to do. You are going to get better, so think about what you're going to do when you are feeling better. I'm sorry there's not always someone on here when you post. Look around and maybe join some other groups too. I'm praying for you sweetie.

Connie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved