MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/10/2008 04:24 PM

ankle and foot pain

lmcclure4477
lmcclure4477  

I was wondering if anyone experieinces ankle pain and pain on the bottom of your foot? My ankles ache at times and pain on the bottom of my foot is sore to the touch. I would really like to know if others experieince this pain. thanks!!

03/10/2008 04:34 PM
coolmamma
coolmamma  

I don't get the ankle pain but the bottom of my feet are sore. Sometimes I wish I could walk on clouds. LOL Although my slippers do help since they are squishy.

03/10/2008 05:07 PM
psk
psk  

The bottom of my feet feel like I have tiny glass splinters in them. It gets worse when I'm cold.

03/10/2008 05:24 PM
coffeebean
coffeebean  

DEFINITELY I DO!!!

03/10/2008 06:22 PM
LibraJo

I get real bad ankle pain, it feels as though my ankles pop out of their socketSad I have achilles tendinitis in both.

I haven't done it yet, the new pain doctor I just saw gave me a suggestion. Use a pillow when you are sleeping for your feet. Don't place your feet on top of the pillow. Place your feet pushing towards the pillow so that they stay in place - if that's possibleLaughing

But seriously, I'm going to find a pillow & do that to see if it works. My son has this Jumbo Tootsie Roll pillow. Maybe I can try that out, he'll have a fit though if he knows I've been putting my feet on itGrin

03/10/2008 06:39 PM
Sandi

I have ankle and foot pain. It is like my feet won't work when I first put them on the floor in the morning. I actually hear the right foot pop. I had it xrayed last month and nothing is broken. My feet hurt all of the time. You're right slippers help and I keep my feet warm all of the time. I am going to an orthopod on Wednesday and I will let you know what he has to say about foot and ankle pain and fibro.

We will spread the info

Sandi

03/11/2008 12:43 AM
hypedujour
hypedujour  

Definitely! I read in my favorite FM book that people with FM tend to have weak ankles. For some unknown reason. ??? I never could ice skate when I was a kid and in my 20's, when I tried walk-jogging (mostly walking), my feet would end up flopping and slapping the pavement by the end of a mile. No control left in my ankles, even after doing it for a year. That just didn't seem right.

The bottoms of my feet hurt the most when I stand on them for long periods of time. The worst time was when I had to wear dress shoes for a job and was on my feet constantly. The following morning, when I'd touch the floor with my feet, they hurt horribly. It would take 5 minutes of gradually adding pressure until I could stand up and then would hobble for another ten minutes. And it was just a part-time job! Dizzy

03/11/2008 04:13 AM
Sandi

Maybe this explains how I broke my left ankle sometime b/t October and Feb and Do not know how. I woke up one morning in Oct and my ankle was swollen and it was hard to walk on. They called it tendonitis and I walked on it until the end of Jan. when I had xrays that actually said it was broken. Now it hurts all of the time. It hurts all of the way up my thigh. As soon as I put any weight on it it starts to thrump and burn on the inside. My left foot just aches. I feel like I am just a mess.

Sandi

03/11/2008 05:57 AM
lmcclure4477
lmcclure4477  

I also read that people with fibro have weak ankles. It is so weird because I always had weak ankles when I played sports in high school. When I went to college, the athletic trainer looked at my ankles and thought it was weird how weak they were. My feet hurt at night because I am on my feet most of the day for my job.

03/11/2008 06:30 AM
truckin_angel
truckin_angel  

I have weak ankles and lower legs. Each leg has been broke once apiece. I could be standing still and my ankle will snap sideways. The pain in the bottom of my feet is sometimes unbearable.

Here is to a relatively pain free day...hugs, Alicia

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved