MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/31/2009 11:18 AM

New Drug Update!(page 15)

HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Suzy, I found a dr that will give suboxone for pain in Panama City, Fl. I have an appt on Friday to see if he will give it to me for fibro pain. I'll keep everyone up to date on how it turns out for me. I posted a link of how to find a dr who is qualified to perscribe it last week, let me find it and I will add the link to this thread too.

Hugs

Lori

08/31/2009 11:20 AM
HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

09/01/2009 08:40 AM
alaska123

Thanks so much Lori!!

Suzy

09/01/2009 08:51 AM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Sorry if this may be redundant. I haven't seen the info. on suboxone here...what are the side effects..and has anyone here experienced them? I'm seeing my doc today at 2 central time and I'm a little nervous because I don't want him to rx anything that I should know is going to be bad for me before I go. I want to pretty much go in and tell him what I think I want rx'd if I have a choice... I definitely don't want anything that is going to make me gain weight!!!!

09/01/2009 12:00 PM
babooze
babooze  

My I ask what the drug is please? I have been dealing w/ a major flare and have done so many drug switches...can't believe I'm telling a stranger this but since I'm asking you to tell me heres what I'm currently taking:Lyrica 150mg 1@am, 1@midafternoon, 2@bedtime. Savella 50 mg 1@am, 1@midafternoon. Methadone 5 mg 1 2x's as needed. Vicodin 500 1 every 4 hours.

I am still sobbing in pain after doing simple things like going to a movie. Anyway, thanks for you time

Babooze

09/01/2009 12:39 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I'm sure Tina will be along soon to tell you about the drug but it's suboxone which is a drug they use to help addicts quit using. It contains LDN (low dose Naltroxon?) which is usually only available from a compounding pharmacy.

It's been Tina's wonder drug...her pain is mostly gone and last I heard she'd lost 50+ lbs while taking it!

Unfortunately it's really hard to get because the doctors need a special license from the DEA to rx it and taking it for fibro is an "off label" use. Tina has had such wonderful results though that it's worth asking for. She has to pay for it though out of pocket and it's quite expensive Smile Just use the search box at the top of the MDJ screen and search for Suboxone. You'll find lots of posts on it.

Oh and welcome Babooze...I don't think we've met before. Glad you found us. No one will blink at your meds...we're all walking pharmacies Smile

09/01/2009 01:14 PM
babooze
babooze  

Mahalo(thx)raynedae!! I just joined your fabulous group today. Okay, so its the suboxone. Happens my addiction doc is one of the only one on the island whe scribes it. Gonna give him a call but I wanna learn more about how it helps Fibro, how long we take it, etc. I'm so desperate at this point I'd sacrifice a chicken if it helps my pain...hehehe...BTW, I take more meds for other stuff but thx for the info!!

09/01/2009 02:46 PM
katespups2
katespups2  

Babooze,

just give us a day or two,and we'll all be your friends! We all feel like a walking pharmacy at times. I take alot of the same meds you do,minus the methadone. I don't take Savella,but I do take Cymbalta,plus amitriptylline and Lorazepam. Not to mention 3 different drugs for my stomach/gall bladder.

Welcome,and don't ever be shy about asking or telling us anything!

Gentle Hugs,Kate

09/01/2009 08:20 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Mahalo! From what I've read, the suboxone is a combination between a pain reliever and the LDN so I don't know which is actually helping Tina with her pain. Also I think she said you can't have anything else for pain because the LDN will either make you sick or block the effects--I'm a little vague, sorry!

09/01/2009 11:18 PM
babooze
babooze  

Dont be sorry, any little bits of information is helpful!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 15 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved