MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/10/2009 05:25 AM

The Lidoderm patch for pain?(page 2)

bc1028
bc1028  

I have also had the patches and had to take them off, I got very high off of them and my husband, who is a former police officer, looked at my eyes and said, those have to go, if you got pulled over, you would be dui. Please becareful with them and do not overuse them. I hope that you find another md soon that will help you more.

06/10/2009 07:05 AM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

I agree with the others that RA is very different from fibro and that your doctor should be giving you some definite answers so you can be treated appropriately. Also if your doctor won't treat your pain you need to find one that will. It is unnecessary for you to suffer and downright mean for him to make you do so.

06/10/2009 08:07 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Hi and welcome to the group, if you stick around, you will love it here. I have RA and fibro so if I can be of any help, pm me. It sounds like you need a new doctor. There is no reason whatsoever that you should be suffering. The right doctor is critical in your road to get your life back. Sometimes it takes a few doctors before finding the right one and even with meds, it often takes a few attempts to find what is going to work for you but you should not be suffering the way you are.

Connie

06/10/2009 08:25 AM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Honey, it's possible you have both fibro and RA. Like Connie said. We have many members who have both. It's a definite double whammy.

I agree with the others, though. You need to find a new doctor asap. I wouldn't trust this one any further than I can throw him.

Hugs, Tina

06/10/2009 08:53 AM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this Tired. I tried the Lidoderm patches, and personally it didn't do anything for me. I tried a sample of the Flector patch which I used on my back and shoulders and that seemed to help so much more for me. The Flector patch is a NSAID opposed to the Lidocane in the Lidoderm patch. Each person is different though. I could very well be the odd ball. I hope it works out for you!

06/10/2009 12:13 PM
VeryTiredPanda
VeryTiredPanda  

I am certainly doing this. Thank you all for the wonderful advice. Amazzon you have been an angel. I am unable to walk at all today so I am home from work but will hopefully be able to make it to the testing tomorrow.

06/10/2009 12:55 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

I pray that you get the rest you need today and that tomorrow is a better day for you. Smile

06/10/2009 02:10 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I have used the lidoderm patches before. Unless they give a body patch it's not going to help fibro. It may help you're worst areas, but it didn't help my fm pain or SI pain at all. I did use them on my ribs, which were broken, and it did ease it some. Just enough that I could work. I won't ever use them again though. The cost vs the effectivness for me is out of balance. I get just as much relief using Icy hot patches.

06/10/2009 03:24 PM
sleepwalking
sleepwalking  

It is good to get checked for RA every couple of years. I recently went through the tests again because my fingers were swelling. All tests came back normal though.

I have been using the Lidoderm patches for a couple of years now. I would use them more but they are just too expensive. I pay $90 a box after my insurance pays.

They are good if you are having a particular troublesome spot or area. They are kind of cool and rubbery and don't pull at the skin like some heat wraps or other patches.

But they are not a replacement for pain medication unless they come in a body suit. Even then, they don't provide immediate relief. You could wear one for hours and may just notice that the spot you are wearing them on isn't troubling you as much as it was.

I'm with you, Tramadol, Ultram is just not strong enough to touch my pain. But the DEA has made it very difficult on doctors who are willing to prescribe something stronger. And so it is a long road to find a doctor willing to help.

06/10/2009 05:38 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

The only thing Ultram did for me was make me so tired and listless, it was not funny. I have tried the patches too but was not able to keep using them. Although they made me not hurt as bad, they gave me a "high" feeling and make me appear like I was intoxicated.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved