05/28/2009 07:27 AM

Has anyone burnt a body part using heating pad

bits
bits  
VIP Member

This is my 3rd time for back.

05/28/2009 07:43 AM
amazzon

Hey Bits...do you wrap the heating pad with a towel or a blanket?

05/28/2009 08:01 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

lol yes!!! several times...and i laugh everytime i do it

05/28/2009 08:08 AM
BelaBo

No silly. I made a different case for mine out of an old towel because I didn't want my children getting hurt when they use it.

You could also set it on a timer so you don't fall asleep with it on.

I hope your burn isn't too bad and you feel better soon.

05/28/2009 08:10 AM
Kgrin
Kgrin  

Bits I burnt my butt once and that was all it took for me to start wrapping it in a extra towel lol.. butt burns don't feel so hot especially since you have to sit on it anyway..

05/28/2009 12:11 PM
fibrogalsmama

Kay has burnt herself several times, including with her laptop sitting on her bare legs.

05/28/2009 01:38 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

k

I think this is the first time i heard of somebody burning their butt. You poor thing, I can't imagine having a burn there. LOL. Oops, sorry didn't mean to laugh. HOLDING...HOLDING....LOLLOLLLO...yes, I did mean to laugh!!

I usually have my pjs on and have it at back, alot. Yesterday I had on flimsy pjs and I think it was not enough protection.

I will be keeping it at a lower temp or wrapping it if temp is higher.

The burn is not very bad, but burn nonetheless.

I hope everybody's burns turned out ok.

05/28/2009 01:58 PM
Kgrin
Kgrin  

No worries bits I laughed at myself, it was just one of those days that the cramps were so bad in that area that I sat on it in my undies thinking that would be better lol turned out it wasn't..

05/28/2009 03:46 PM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Kgrin, OUCH! I burnt my forehead when I had a migrain and I fell asleep with my heating pad on high. Didn't know I burnt myself until my husband asked me what's wrong with your forehead? I went into the bathroom and sure enough I had a nice little burn.

So don't feel bad. I can remember when I had periods, they were so bad that I cried every month and missed a week of school because of it. So I completely understand what you are going through. I am so happy to not have that anymore. I think you need to find something else and not a heating pad. One thing that really helped me was one of those old timey hot water bottles. Any drug store will have them, this way you can't burn yourself. Give that a try. Hope I helped? God Bless You. shortstuff

05/28/2009 04:38 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

When we got our car, it was dealer stock, so it has heated seats. I laughed and laughed about having heated seats on Southern California. Turns out they are GREAT for backaches and menstrual cramps! LOL!

I still don't know what to make of the heated mirrors, though Wink

Put some stuff on it, Bits, and feel better!

Hugs, Tina

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved