MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/25/2009 04:00 PM

Knees and ankles give out for no reason

bonbon53

Does this happen to anyone else? This just happens for a few seconds...sometimes an ankle, sometimes a knee. It seems to click back within seconds but a lot of pain is involved. Do you guys think this is part of FM?

05/25/2009 04:11 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yup, it sure does happen to me, too, Bonbon! I think I recall some other people talking about it, too.

For me, I just chalk it up to fibro. I haven't actually fallen yet. It's a bit disconcerting, but not my worst symptom!

Hugs, tina

05/25/2009 04:24 PM
bonbon53

Tina!! so nice to see you. I am sooo confused about FM. Today I had so much pain, but the fog and fatigue lifted. I don't get it? Please help me understand.

Tell me your worst symptom please.

I feel like I really need a friend right now.

05/25/2009 04:26 PM
bonbon53

Is it normal for one symptom to let up and another start? And sometimes I think 'This can't be all from FM. Something worse must be wrong, like cancer?'

I feel like I am whining. I am sorry.

05/25/2009 04:27 PM
monfet

yep, happens to me too..usually at inconvenient times like getting off office chair or trying to walk down the hallway at work, get it in my hips too. Totally sucks as you don't know it is coming and it is usually extremely painful. More fibro funSmile

05/25/2009 04:32 PM
bonbon53

Have you had any answers from doctors why this happens?

05/25/2009 05:16 PM
monfet

answers from doctors? heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee

05/25/2009 05:25 PM
cappymuir
cappymuir  
I'm an Advocate

My doctor either gives me a shot of cortazone in the knee or offers me to have a shot of Rooster oil to lubricate the knee. Neither is fun, but I am not ready to have the Rooster shoot. I would like to know more about that type of treatment before I use it. I know that my doctor monitors haow many cortizone shots I get. It can cause bone density problems.

05/25/2009 05:32 PM
monfet

cortizone shots just caused me more pain in that area but I got them in my head so who knows

05/25/2009 05:37 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

The rooster shot is fantastic if you don't wait too long to take it. It does not hurt and the benifiets are great. Sometimes lasting for a year or more. The longer you wait, the worse knee becomes, the less relief from shot.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved