MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/22/2009 03:07 AM

Some good news!

mvgallegos
mvgallegos  

I had an appt with my nuero today to ready my MRI results from a brain scan. A few months ago he did a scan and found that I have lesions on my brain, did another last week and the test shows that there have been no changes to them. FEEW... On the down side, he wants to continue to follow the lesions and said that I'm still not out of the woods yet for an MS diganosis. With all the addtional sypmptoms I have he said it seems more like MS and Fibro combined.. has anyone has a similar experience?

He also added some new meds, provigil, anyone on this? Does it help? He also gave me a script for nuerotin, I'm a little errie about trying this one, I've tried lyrica in the past and it didn't do squat for me.

Happy Friday Everyone!Smile Smile Smile

05/22/2009 03:19 AM
bc1028
bc1028  

MV, I am glad that everything is good for now. I do know that there are a good many people here that have mentioned ms but I do not know if they have a joint dx or not. I have taken neurotin and lyrica both, I think that neurotin helps a whole lot more that lyrica and it does not make you gain the weight that lyrica does.

Good luck and keep us posted.

05/22/2009 04:26 AM
fesup
fesupPosts: 3851
VIP Member

Hello mvgallegos, I don't think I've met you yet. So hello and welcome to the fibro group.

I have taken Provigil. But I took it for a sleep disorder. What are you taking it for?

huggles

fessy

05/22/2009 05:53 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

my girlfriend has MS and fibro.. and she has many awful days and then she has weeks of doing well

Good luck and keep us posted

05/22/2009 06:23 AM
mvgallegos
mvgallegos  

Provigil to help increase my energy levels.. BC I am happy to hear that nuerotin did not make you gain weight like lyrica did, that's the last thing I need is extra poundage.. I need to work on trying to lose some weight as it it. It's tough when you don't feel well on top of the fibro I have a hip inpingiment so I can barely walk down the block. What's a women to do!

Post edited by: mvgallegos, at: 05/22/2009 06:24 AM

05/23/2009 04:26 AM
Mispati3
Mispati3  

That is good news, mv! Hang in there and keep the faith!

05/23/2009 05:51 AM
amazzon

MV my dear, I do pray it's not MS. My mom always tells me (in spanish) when I have pending tests, "hopefully it's just a fart wanting to come out." Lol! You know it makes me laugh and I relax a bit. Stress can kill ya! I will however pray for you and hope that these lesions go away darlin'!

By the way, it's nice to meet you and welcome to our group. I hope you benefit from being here as much as I have.

05/23/2009 08:33 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I'm also undergoing testing for other things as well. My rheumy doesn't think that FM is causing all of my symptoms and none of my other diseases cause them either. I've had lesions also but have yet to have my second MRI. If you don't mind me asking, what are the other symptoms? How often are they gonna recheck? I'm very glad to hear that they didn't add another dx on you though. I hope the neurotin helps. There are some others on this board on it.

05/23/2009 07:20 PM
mvgallegos
mvgallegos  

Some of the other symptoms I have that he believes to be MS realated are numbing of my hands, face, feet, I asked if they could be fibro related, he said yes, they could, but most people with those issues end up with MS. Alot of fibro symptoms and MS symptoms tend to go hand in hand. I did a scan about 3 months ago and 10 thousand later and I had another about 2 weeks ago, he said he wants to recheck the lesions in 6 months.

My fatigue is so so bad, I hope when I fill my new scripts it will help some.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved