MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/20/2009 09:27 PM

I think something is coming on...

bc1028
bc1028  

About 4 months before I got dx with fibro I went to the md with flu like symptons in addition to my back issues and my fatigue, my md mentioned fm but wanted to wait it out, I wound up missing a whole week of work. I am noticing some of those signs are sneaking up on me agian. I am still very tired, my mood is so bad, I am having to advise my kids and husband to just pretend that I am not even here. That is the best thing I can tell them because if not, they are going to get their feelings hurt.

My chest feels tight, I know I am just getting over what ever I had last week but this is like I just ran 3 miles or something, nothing like a sickness just a nagging thing. I am sore all over and my tongue is so sore. It gets ulcers on it, it gets raw and it gets little places on it that are like burns (they are round and I describe them as looking like a ring worm) Does anyone else get this? I think I have asked before but I am not sure. My back and other joints are sore. And to top it off, I took my daughter to the md today and then was going to stop to get her an ice cream, went to the shopping center to get it and got lost in the shopping center!!! We went in circles, because I made the wrong turn 3 times to get to the ice cream place within a half mile radius. I cannot believe it. She laughed because she thought I was silly. I am planning on resting pretty much for the rest of the week..

I hope everyone has a good night. I am going to bed, talk to you later.

Barbara

05/20/2009 09:44 PM
0hCasty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

BC I am so sorry you're going though this. I personally am going through the chest thing right now, so much so that I have no voice, I have never had this reaction before. I have no idea what's triggering it. Are you wheezing? I am almost always. I was given prednisone and told to go back if it's not remarkably better well there are almost no discernable difference so I am going back tomorrow.

Do you have a doc appointment soon? Can you go to urgent care? That is what I'm doing. I don't want anyone to assume this is just due to FM, I don't think it is, but I don't know for sure. Like I said this has never happened to me before. I CAN'T BREATHE!

Sorry I think rather than helping you at all I used this to rant my frustration. Let's get on the pity pot together!

HUGS

05/20/2009 10:44 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Hmmm.....the ulcers are NOT FM. They could be a sign of lupus though.Have you been tested for that yet? Not trying to scare you at all. Just wanted to let you know that you may want to go ahead and see the dr. again. It may be something like bronchitis that you got after that cold. Go ahead and call the dr.

05/21/2009 04:34 AM
bc1028
bc1028  

Yeah, I they have tested me 3 times in the past year alone for lupus, my mother has it and they keep a good check on it but it keeps coming up neg. When I went to the md the first time this happened, I guess when I had the first really bad flare up this past year, she told me I had the cocksacki virus (sp) it is a childrens virus similar to foot and mouth disease that kids get when they are little and gave me this mouth wash to use and since then, it comes and goes. This is the only other time that it has gotten this bad again though. I am in a lot of pain with my back and other palces and my mood just plain stinks (you know when you can't stand to be around yourself type) so I know it is a flare up because that is how I get a lot. I just don't know why I get this with it.

Like you said, it does not seem that people get this tongue issue so it has to be something else going on they just cannot figure it out and there are 3 mds working on it (which really does not mean a whole lot.)

05/21/2009 04:45 AM
bc1028
bc1028  

casty, I had the same thing as you a few weeks ago but I am over that, I know how you feel though it was really a tough thing to get over, I could not talk for about 3 or 4 days (they were dancing in the streets here.) The chest pain that I have is not like a broncitis type it is more like a sore type, more like I have run a race and am tired from breathing in so deep for a while. It seems like it is more from over all body pains than anything else (I hope) I think my body is just ready for a rest, it is frustrating, anytime I go and do one thing for have a busy few days, I pay for so long for it.

I hope that you feel better, it is the pits feeling bad for so long. Let us know what the md says.

05/21/2009 05:08 AM
Mispati3
Mispati3  

Hope you both get back to "normal" soon. (((hugs)))

05/21/2009 06:11 AM
BelaBo

I would look up Behcet's Syndrome. It is an autoimmune disease that causes ulcers in the mouth, around the eye, and so on.

Behcet's syndrome can also affect the veins that take the blood back to the lungs to replenish your oxygen. Other areas that can be affected by the inflammation of Behcet's is the back of the eyes (retina), brain, joints, skin, and bowels.

I would just run in by the doctor but the only way they can test for Behcet's is when you have the ulcers. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

05/21/2009 06:18 AM
BelaBo

Oh, and the shortness of breath could also be anxiety. You do not have to have the entire list of symptoms for panic attacks. Shortness of breath is the biggie tho. I would talk to your dr and see if they agree.

05/21/2009 06:21 AM
lisaandboo
lisaandboo  

Good suggestion Bo! And since you have the ulcers now BC, get to the Dr's asap so you can have them tested. So sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. I hope the figure out what is wrong and you get to feeling better quick. Btw, don't they have you on any mood stabelizers or pain meds!

Hope you feel better soon too Casty!

Lisa

05/21/2009 06:54 AM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

BC, I had those ulcers on my tongue. They're like little craters and they really hurt, don't they?

I went to the ER. The doctor there happened to get them, too. He said it's stress. Pure and simple.

He prescribed some mouthwash for it and it cleared it right up. It's called "Magic Mouthwash." Seriously, that's the prescription name of it. Be warned, it costs about 400 bucks! Clint almost died when he went and picked it up. It certainly did work, though.

It cleared all of them up in a day or so.

Get some rest and feel better.

Hole hugs, Tina

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved