MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/14/2009 05:58 PM

Scary new symptom

kcgirl
kcgirl  

so for the past few weeks i have been forgetting preatty much everything. im confused all the time and have a hard time concentrating. whats going on with me

05/14/2009 06:05 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You have fibro, dear. That's what's going on with you.

Or did you forget?

Ironic hugs, Tina

KC, I hope you know I'm just kidding, but I couldn't resist. It's called fibro fog, sugar.

Post edited by: aTinaL, at: 05/14/2009 06:06 PM

05/14/2009 06:09 PM
kcgirl
kcgirl  

lol i know. i just wasnt sure if that was something else. wat can i do

05/14/2009 06:30 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

KC you will have to learn to keep a small notebook in your purse and discipline yourself to write reminders. Every night before I go to bed I look over my notes and then again in the morning to make sure I don't forget to do something important. It just takes a little discipline but will keep you sane.

05/14/2009 06:39 PM
Wintersnow

Hey, I got so bad one time I was convinced that I had Alzheimer's! Seriously, I was up one night crying and researching it on the computer! It is funny now but not at the time!

Hugs!

Pearl

05/14/2009 06:45 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I swear that I've skipped the whole middle part of my "normal" life and moved right on into senility. I forget everything. It's pitiful. I used to be really smart and now....I feel stupid.

05/14/2009 06:45 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

My memory has gotten so bad, I have to constantly write everything down, everything. I have to tell my kids all the time to tell me to remember things, they think it is a big joke sometimes but it is really aggreviating. When it first starts happening, you don't know what is going on and you do worry and don't know what to do or how to handle it. That is one of those times when a group like this helps so much when you see that others have the same issue and you can get some tips on how they overcome it.

05/14/2009 07:03 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

ROFL! Before I got dx'd I thought I had Alzheimers, too!

Then when they put me on Ambien, I was SURE I had Alzheimers!

Forgetful hugs, Tina

05/14/2009 07:32 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

I always blamed it on my ADD that I would start a project walk away and forget that it was there unless I happened to walk past it again. I was at my parents making muffins and forgot they were baking so I went to take a shower. When I got out the oven had exploded and was on fire. I'm still not sure what I did to cause it but they still blame it on me. Whistling

05/15/2009 11:24 AM
amommy02
amommy02  

My memory has actually improved since starting on ambien. I guess the majority of my problems stem from not getting enough good quality sleep. The pain meds have helped a little to in the memory department. I'm not as distracted by the pain so I can focus better.

kcgirl, you should discuss your memory problems with your doctor next time you go, and if you've started any new meds recently you should give your doctor a call and let them know. A lot of the meds that are prescribed to treat us can cause memory problems.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved