MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/13/2009 01:28 PM

Hi everyone

josey
josey  

Hi Im Josey and I think this pain cannot really happen forever can it?

Is there a chance that you could go back to normal or almost normal?

I started last year with widespread body pain and was on 10 ml prednisone with a rheumatologist.That masked everthing pretty well till the weaning.

Back in pain, bloodtesting normal, started on gabapentin 600ml no relief after 1week today.

Im unoffically diagnosed with Fibro and want to know if you all went into CTs,MRIs etc.and if so did insurance balk sp?

Is anyones worst pain experienced in horizontal prone position when trying to rise for the day? Bed is the most painful place for me unless Im perfectly still. Is that true for anyone else? Thanks for reading all this.

05/13/2009 01:48 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Josey, welcome to Wonderful World of Mighty Fibromites!

I'm glad you're here with us.

I believe that there is hope for going to back to normal or almost normal. At least that's what my rheumy told me. I trust him. He said it's going to take a lot of time and dedication. He said about a year, I don't think that's really that long at all.

So, I am very hopeful. I agree with you about the prednisone, it really does help, but the side effects are awful.

As far as the gabapentin, you're actually taking a very low dose, you know. You might want to ask the doctor to increase it.

What else are you on?

Most of us have had every test under the sun before getting diagnosed with fibro. Even at that point, there's usually a few more tests they want to run, just to rule other stuff out.

I can't really speak to the insurance, because at the time, I was in an HMO.

Getting out of bed is extremely painful for me. That was about the only good thing I got out of pt. She taught me how to get out of bed without hurting your back.

You roll over on your stomach, put your legs over the side of the bed, and walk yourself up with your hands on the bed. Does that make sense? It's kind of hard to describe without actually seeing it.

Anyway, Josey, I'm really glad that your here. I hope you'll be as involved with the group as you can so that you'll get the most out of it. We have hoards of wonderful people. We get together for support and to goof around a lot, too. We have a lot of fun.

So I hope you'll stick around with us!

Newbie hugs, Tina

05/13/2009 01:59 PM
miriamnoble
miriamnoblePosts: 70

Bed is a horrible place for me. When the pain gets bad, I have to go sit up, not lay down. There have been dozens and dozens of nights where I've had to get out of bed because laying down was causing so much additional pain. You're the first person, besides me, that I've heard say they have that problem. It's strange, huh?

The problem I've had with the insurance is that once I was diagnosed and changed jobs and therefore had a new insurance, they want to say no matter what the test is for that it's not covered because it's a pre-existing condition. In other words, they want to now say that no matter what's wrong with me, it's due to the fibro and won't pay for it.

Yea, the pain can be a part of your life forever, but your pain-threshold is psychological to a great extent, so your mind will eventually catch up and you will handle the pain better. Also, after trial and error, you will find meds that will give you more good days than bad. Your life isn't over because of this.

05/13/2009 02:14 PM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh, Miriam! That's horrible about your insurance. Because even doctors like to blame everything on fibro. I'm so sorry. I don't even know what to say about that. Maybe someone else will come along that has experience with something like that.

Yeah, the bed can be a very cruel place, pain wise. That's why I spend so much time going from the bed to the couch and back and forth.

Do you have back problems as well? Most of us do. If you have other back problems, that's going to make bed even more difficult.

A couple of things that I have found that help are crocs, and I sit on a balance ball at the computer. I can really tell the difference in my back pain in the morning, depending on whether I used a chair or my ball.

Balance hugs, Tina

05/13/2009 02:26 PM
amazzon

Hi Josie! Very nice to meet you darlin'! Sorry you are hurting. I wish I could take it all away. When you are first diagnosed you have so many questions and concerns...well you've come to the right place. Here you will find out that you are not alone.

05/13/2009 02:42 PM
fesup
fesupPosts: 3851
VIP Member

Hello Josey,

I not experienced hurting worse laying down. If fact that's the only position that I don't hurt in. As you see some one will be able to relate. We are not all the same and then we are. If that makes any sense to you. Stick around it will. lol

Welcome to the group. We are all so glad to have you here. Hope to see you posting so we can get to know you.

Come visit...say hello

fesup

05/13/2009 02:49 PM
josey
josey  

Wow... thanks for that very warm welcome. Mind catching up to the pain...yeah that makes sense. Never had pain, always strong and healthy. So glad Im here,so many questions...

05/13/2009 03:02 PM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

Welcome to the group, Josey. Insurances are all different. When my dr. dianosed me, I didn't need any new tests, I had already went through some.

Regarding laying down: At night, I like to read and lay on the couch, sometimes I feel like I can't get up. It's painful, but if I push through the pain, I can sit up.

Welcome again.

05/13/2009 03:12 PM
josey
josey  

Im still in shock when being sedentary and then moving like getting out from a car ride. Feels like Im practically spilling out of the car. I have so much to talk about, I will be back tomorrow Thank you

05/13/2009 03:14 PM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Josey, we're looking forward to it. You just ask all the questions you want to, sweetie. We'll do our level best to answer them Wink

Annie hugs, Tina

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved