MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/20/2008 02:41 PM

Venting about appt. Sorry

singingangel

Some of you know I fell on ice and hurt my tailbone. I went to an orthopedic today. Fist he told me that there really isnt anything to fibro or myofascial. All you need to do is exercise and eat nutritiosly. Then he examed me and said well it acts cracked and looks cracked. Then he says well you wont need anything for pain since you waited so long to get here. I want you to buy an exercise bike and this chair. Wear a girdle. I said my hubby doesnt want us to buy exercise bike. He says too bad. I say theres no room and I dont want hubby to get mad. He says tough go to store spend $70. and get it. Then he says get an xray.I asked will then you decide a treatment. He says no but get it anyway and come back in 2 weeks. I said why get the xray. He says so I can show it isnt completely crushed. I said what can I do. he says I told you exercise all you can on bike, eat healthy. Then you will be fine. Just dont exerise too much so it can healDizzy

So I have broke tush w/o pain meds.Devil Sorry.

Then on top of that my daughters car needs all 4 tires.

So I have to play taxi. My poor tush hates being in carBlush

02/20/2008 02:45 PM
natesmommie
natesmommie  

i HURT MY TAIL BONE ABOUT A YEAR AGO, SO I CAN INDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL,AND THE PAINYOU RE IN

02/20/2008 04:11 PM
coolmamma
coolmamma  

Singingangel, I am soooo sorry you had to deal not only with your pain but also that insensitive stick in the mud of a dr. It really doesn't make sense that an x-ray would be ordered if he thinks you waited too long to come in. AND on top of that that there isn't anything real about the fibro?!? Personally, I think you need to find a new doc who is much more compassionate and helpful. Sorry for getting on a soapbox.

Please know that I am praying for you to feel better soon! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

02/20/2008 07:31 PM
meleggs
meleggs  

That kind of bed side manor is rediculous angel. Any chance of seeing another doctor? Anyone who would treat you with such disregard -well if it was me- I wouldn't waste the time to see again.

Does you insurance have that number where you can call for a referral and tell them just what this jerk doctor said to you??????

02/20/2008 07:36 PM
kychick
kychick  

I really hate this for you. It's bad enough to have fibro,but a broken tushy too is horrible for you,plus he is being an insensitive jerk!!Don't get the bike unless it is something you both want to get. Did he give you a script to get one of those doughnut shaped things to take the pressure off of your tailbone? I would think that would help alot with sitting and driving.

02/20/2008 09:04 PM
Cathy0402
Cathy0402  

i hope you feel better i will pray for your pain to go away your getting a big hug from me and i will cook and clean your house for ya too wish some of us could really be thier for each other for real ope someone can do all the things i wish i could do to make you feel better just take it easy until you heal

02/22/2008 08:38 PM
PamelaG
PamelaG  

Oh Angel, my goodness!! How rude! Did you sneak over here to MO and see MY Doc?? That's what my Doc said when she refused giving me any more pain or muscle meds....get off my lazy ,,mmmmmm.... excercise, excercise, excercise and then I will feel better, I really don't have pain, it's all my imagination. Gosh but I have a very REAL imagination then!

Is there a med supply store around you can get a tushy pad at? I sure hope so!! I think I'd also look for another Doc. (Quit sneaking over here, I already told you mine isn't any good and I'm looking for a new one!! Tongue lol)

HUGS!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved