MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/30/2009 05:12 AM

Morning Meds

Mispati3
Mispati3  

First thing I do when I get up is take a Ultracet. Then, at 7:00, a Neurontin. That's for the Fibro. Then I sit down with my "regular" meds bottle and start opening them up. One for BP, a water pill, B-6 and a baby aspirin. Then it's time for another Ultracet and 2 Advil ~ all this just so I can get to work. And God help me if I forget to bring the ActivOn!

Half the time, I'm so busy counting hours and taking fibro meds I forget to take the BP meds. I'm not even sure I still need it but the doc has me on it so I try.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in their BP because of fibro? Mine's down to 102/74 on the Verapamil. That sounds kinda low, doesn't? I go back to the doc tomorrow and will see what it is then.

Of couse, there are more meds to take throughout the day and vitamins, too. Seems I spend my whole day watching the clock and taking meds.

Dizzy

04/30/2009 05:23 AM
bc1028
bc1028  

Oh my goodness, that is depressing enough right there. Have you thought about getting one of those med keepers that sorts them by time and day so that you don't have to keep track quite so much? I wonder if you went over all of that with your md if he could combine some of those or give you some kind of extended release pills that would cut down on some of it? Good luck and let us know what the doc says.

04/30/2009 04:22 PM
BelaBo

Mispati my blood pressure is always 118/72. has been for years. that's in the normal range. once in a while it is 116/70 still within range. 102 does sound a little low but at least you go to the doc tomorrow and can let us know what they say.

It must be frustrating taking all the meds but you do it to stay well. Well, as well as well can be.

04/30/2009 05:42 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Patti, the pills do seem to be a bit much at times.

I think that fibro has actually raised my bp. And there doesn't seem to be any meds that will keep it in line.

It makes me nervous, not so much that it's high, but that it's all over the place. Twice I couldn't leave the doctor's office because it was in stage III.

Be careful with that verapamil. It will clog the plumbing, if you know what I mean Wink

Pressure hugs,

Tina

04/30/2009 07:22 PM
geriatricgirl35
geriatricgirl35Posts: 19

Patti, I actually have really high blood pressure when my pain is worse. I actually do the same thing I keep a weekly pill container by my bed and I take my Morphine sulf right away along with my flexaril and lortab. I then go have my coffee and muffin and take my vitamins in high doses like I was told and my day goes on. A t lunch I do it all over again and at dinner.

I was really excited when I was given a pain paych once because I thought yea no more pills but that patch almost killed me because my dr did not tell me it was sensitive to heat and I sleep with a heated blanket all yr round.

Soft hugs, Geri

04/30/2009 10:18 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Omaha! I thought I saw "muffin" and it made me do a double take, Geri! Some folks around these parts also call me muffin.

I think it's sweet, plus then I can go like this...

Love,

Muffin

05/01/2009 02:16 AM
Mispati3
Mispati3  

Tina, doesn't EVERYTHING "clog the plumbing"??? Pinch

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved