MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/21/2009 09:11 AM

Cleaning Challenge....again

Kristy424
Kristy424  

I'd like to blame the fog, but that would only be partially true. I DO forget, even amid the chaos that surrounds me. But mostly it's because, except for one day since Easter, I've felt lousy.

So today I decided to bite the bullet and rescue my office before it got buried under again. Therefore I spent a very few minutes straightening it back up again.

My kitchen will take slightly longer than a few minutes, but I think if I insist my 'babies' help for 5 or 10 minutes, we can get that back under control.

Of course it would be easier to get motivated to do that if the people who know me-ALL who know that I have a LOT of trouble sleeping-would STOP CALLING ME SO EARLY IN THE MORNING! I am SO tempted to start calling THEM around 2 in the morning and saying, hi, I'm sorry, I know this is when YOU usually sleep, but this is when "I" am awake so I thought I'd call you to chat....

LOL...no. I'm a do unto others person, so I'd never be that rude. But it sure is fun to think about!

04/21/2009 10:44 AM
Kristy424
Kristy424  

Well, I got the counters pretty well cleaned off, the floor swept and most of the dishes soaking. I think my son is going to wish he'd taken his turn washing the day it was actually his turn because now he's doing his sister's dishes, too (the penalty in our house for slacking off). Later I'll take my turn and wash the pans which, fortunately, there aren't many of. But then I don't have many so it's pretty tough to dirty a lot of them!

My back-the area where I got the nerve blocks last week-is starting to have painful spasms so it's going to be awhile before I head back out there.

But at least I got more done today than I have in about a week.

04/22/2009 07:44 PM
amommy02
amommy02  

I scrubbed my bathroom today. Shower, toilet, sink, floor, walls, shelves. And I'm still alive.Laughing We'll see how I feel tomorrow.Smile

04/22/2009 08:04 PM
0hCasty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

Oh boy can I post to this today...today I vacuumed, mopped, did 3 loads of laundry and cleaned 2 bathrooms and washed the few dishes that were dirty. Now I am going to die!

04/22/2009 08:07 PM
amommy02
amommy02  

You aren't allowed to die! You have to hang in there and suffer with the rest of us.Smile I'm glad I have only one bathroom.

04/22/2009 08:29 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I cleaned the kitchen sink- including taking out and scrubbing that icky thing in the disposal. Did dishes- twice. Cooked burgers and did dishes again.

I did two loads of laundry and put everything away.

I cleaned one of the kitchen counters.

I called in my scripts.

I took out the trash.

Seems like I forgot something, but I don't know what.

04/23/2009 12:33 AM
mesafoxx
mesafoxx  

hello

well yesterday i had to wait until evening because it was so hot here that i thought i would just die. 103* 88* IN the house with the air on, my ac was working hard. its cost for yesterday was $7.65. i sure hope that doesnt happen to awful much. $$$$!!! lol anyways i watered the flowers that i had planted front and back, washed 2 loads of clothes at the laundry in our park, cleaned up my house, it was all good until.....I got up this am.... i still am in the middle of a flare-up, not only do i have 3 tears in my knee that hurts like heck a flare-up comes along, wouldn't u know it. I'm so sorry that e1 hurts so much including myself, I sure do wish i had the cure. But with saying that I love it that we are all trying to work thru alot of the pain. Love u all and try to feel better and dont do tooooooo much!!

04/23/2009 01:49 AM
dreaming3671
dreaming3671  

I guess I must be over emotional today every post I read is bringing tears to my eyes.... maybe I just wish all everyday folk could show a 10th of the love that is expressed here on a regular....

I washed 3 loads of laundry , washed 1/2 of the dishes cleaned the kittie boxes. and cleamaned the bath room.... oh and made bbq chicken , rice and mixed vegi's for dinner ..yesterdaySmile Now my knees are killing me but it was worth it Smile

04/23/2009 04:22 PM
BelaBo

Yesterday I did 6 loads of laundry. Had the kids help me fold those plus 2 previous loads from days before. Picked up the kitchen which has stayed clean for over a week now. Took 2 vicodin, a zanaflex and went to bed.

Today, tried posting but my internet was acting funny so I went out side to help my husband rebuild the go cart. Got it running. Went for a ride. Now I'm going to couch. Wink

Post edited by: BelaBo, at: 04/23/2009 04:24 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved