MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/13/2009 11:33 AM

It's not only Fibromyalgia!!! Mis-diagnosed!!!!

ChoralTerri

HI All,

First i need to say i had very little to no Joint pain. Mostly soft tissue involvement.

I thought i had fibromyalgia (and i still may) for years. I have seen more than 30 Dr.s over the course of the past 15 years. At least 7 of them I saw specifically to address my pain and horribly painful mobility (I never give in to the pain, nor will I begin to use a pain pump as was suggested to by all of the pain management Dr.s.)

My Optometrist Dr. Inclima was the first Dr. to say he thought i had Lyme disease. I had 2 tests one was negative and the 2nd positive, I began treatment and got 10x worse. Which sometimes happens.

I recommend seeing an Infectious disease Dr. (he was able to confirm our suspicions and get a positive diagnosis. I saw Dr. Saul.

Best wishes to All , don't give in, adjust your life to make your pain level tolerable, and remember you need to be your own advocate!!!

Choral

04/13/2009 11:42 AM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Choral, thanks for your suggestion and I hope they're giving you proper treatment now.

We do have some members who have both Lyme and Fibro. For many of us, though, it's not an issue because there are no ticks where we live.

04/13/2009 11:53 AM
ChoralTerri

Yes,Thank you for bringing that to my attention many people think that is so, so a I also wanted to supply every one with a link of statistics, And remember, These are only REPORTED cases not undiagnosed or missdiagnosed

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/ ld_rptdLymeCasesbyState.htm

You will notice an increase in reported/ diagnosed cases reported each year.

Best to all

04/13/2009 05:02 PM
summer

I'm glad you didn't give up!

04/13/2009 06:44 PM
BelaBo

That is some good information. I know the symptoms are so similar. Thank you for adding the link.

I hope you get better with the proper care you are getting now.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved