MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/11/2008 09:52 PM

Leg and Feet numbness

joytobefreee
joytobefreee  

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here and I have a question. Do any of you have problems with your legs falling asleep no matter what position you are in and or your legs feeling like they will give out on you? This has been happening more and more frequently within the last few weeks and I saw my Doctor and he doesnt think it is fibro related. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

gentle hugs,Susie

02/26/2008 06:22 AM
meleggs
meleggs  

Hi Joy- nice to have you here. I have that everyday and I know it is fibro. My feet go numb- I feel tingling down my legs etc. I know other people have the problem to. I don't know of any remedy. I take tons of supplements but thusfar they don't seem to help that. I've just gotten to the point where I choose to ignore it. I know it stinks but at least you are not the only one!

02/26/2008 06:29 AM
ilovepetey1
ilovepetey1  

I heard that poor circulation goes along with fibro. So I guess we should all try to move more lol...

02/26/2008 06:54 AM
meleggs
meleggs  

Yep- that might help it out.... I know I have poor circulation.... I should circulate my butt more on my treadmill LOL

02/26/2008 05:25 PM
lmcclure4477
lmcclure4477  

I have recently started to feel tingling going down my calves to my ankles and my feet start to feel asleep. It mostly feels this way if I sit for a long period of time and don't put my feet up. I am going to my rhemetologist Friday, so I am gonna ask if he thinks this is related to fibro.

02/26/2008 06:45 PM
savedone
savedone  

yes it is!!! muscle contrct and swell,,and cut off blood supply,and push on nerves ect. need to get up and move more!! AND Stretch, warm water therapy

02/27/2008 08:40 PM
singingangel

I have that problem with my left leg and foot. Drives me crazy. Not sure except by walking around to help it if you dont fall from numbness.

02/27/2008 09:31 PM
joytobefreee
joytobefreee  

Mine is more so my right leg and foot but both do it. I agree walking is real hard when ya cant feel your feet.

02/27/2008 09:48 PM
meleggs
meleggs  

Mine are in both but I have more problems with my right leg in general. I know I've said this before but I get it on my nose!!! Right now my nose is numb. Sometimes it is cold to touch when numb other times it is not.

Ok I just touched my nose- right now it is cold LOL

02/27/2008 10:31 PM
oldglory
oldglory  

Hi guys, lol(OK & girls) Have you ever asked your doc if it could possibly be Neuropathy? The reason I ask, I have the same symptoms and it is Neuropathy. The condition is most often associated with diabetes, but I don't have that. My doc thinks it is most likely from pinched nerves in my back which is riddled with degenerative arthritis. Worth asking about.

Gloria

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved