MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/05/2009 05:48 PM

Q: Exertion and fatigue

jenndill
jenndill  

Please give me some input!

When you mildly exert your self (go to the store, wash dishes, load of laundry) do you feel so exhausted like you have been running a marathon? Flu like ache, besided the trigger points can't see straight, all you want to do is lay down? You have to lay down, NOW! My tremors increase wildly. Get short of breath. You have to stop and think about getting up from the chair to lay on the couch? I really can't totally explain the feeling. Can anyone relate?

Also, when your spouse or sig other touches your back, does anyone else feel like they have a cheese grater running down it sometimes?

Thanks!!

Jenn

04/05/2009 05:53 PM
TinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and YES!

Fatigue is a HUGE part of fibro. Most of us have the shortness of breath, too. For me, that was the first thing that happened to me, and it happened in a big way. Half the time my poor husband is convinced I'm dying.

04/05/2009 05:54 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

Yes.. i know that feeling well.. my lyrica and flexril combo takes care of most of that it has take 3 months to be able to do what i need to do duringt he day (ie Work) and i am a hugger and people know this but now since this has happened i still hug just tell people easy easy Smile

04/05/2009 06:09 PM
Casty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

Well let me put it this was...yesterday we went to the accountants to do taxes, then went through the spring bazaar, then went to get a latte and some sweet goody to go with it, then went to the grocery store then I went to get a hair cut....what did I do today? Sleep, seriously I just got up! I NEVER sleep this late!! So to answer your question, yes there is a connection. lol

04/05/2009 06:10 PM
jenndill
jenndill  

So what you are saying is YES? LOL

Thanks for the understanding!!!

Jenn

04/05/2009 06:24 PM
summer

I have to sit for a while after taking a shower.

04/05/2009 06:29 PM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

I feel the same way about the shower. I can't get through the shower and drying the hair at the same time. I have to rest in between. It sucks. My kids don't understand at all. My daughter loves to shop. And shop. And shop. I just can't do it. It wears me out.

04/05/2009 06:29 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

Yes!!!!!! Me too, I have gotten where I have to get my make up together, rest, get my clothes together, rest, shower, rest, dry, rest, you get the idea. I sometimes think it is not worth it to get dressed. Until this, you would not catch me without makeup but now, it is a daily thing. I have even had people not reconize me.

04/05/2009 06:32 PM
jenndill
jenndill  

Is there any reasoning? Do docs know why this happens? Is it toxins in the muscles? Why does this happen???

Jenn

04/05/2009 06:35 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

Heck, mds don't even know why we are there half the time. I really wish that someone would do some major research on this condition so that we could find out the whys to this stuff. I think it would make me feel better just to know why.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved