MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/30/2009 07:36 PM

So sick of feeling achy,sore & like I have the flu

ebrena
ebrena  

I can't stand this. I am so sore, my whole body aches especially across my shoulder's the joints at the top of my arms, up the back of my head, the muscles down the sides of my neck, my clavicle in the front up to my glands under my ears, my ears hurt & I am just so tired! I feel like my ears are pressurized to my glands-like the mumps & it hurts & I have zippo energy. I have been under a fair amount of stress the past few days (actually it doesn't take much stress to wipe me out now)I feel like such a wimp. I want pain free body, a stress free head and a good jolt of energy. I constantly feel like I have a cold or flu-CONSTANTLY. It is probably fair to say I am getting zapped with allergies and is why my head feels so rotten. I have family coming out here at Easter & I am so worried I won't be able to keep up, I know they will want to see a lot of sites, long days hoping everyone is happy. Why can't I let that go?? It's up to them to find happy not me-I have enough going on. Any way had to vent, I could curl up in a ball and sleep but it's 7:30 & then I will wake up around 2:00 and read till 5:00am. Whaaaaaaaaaaaa

Post edited by: ebrena, at: 03/30/2009 19:37

03/30/2009 07:57 PM
Casty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

I am so sorry you're feeling so poorly Ebrena. I can relate to all you said. It is no fun to live in a body that rejects things that are supposed to be fun. A body that looks, to the casual viewer, like everything is fine. Why people feel so free to assume that you are well enough to handle "normal" life when you tell them repeatedly how hard it is. I hope you feel better soon hon. Hang in there sweetie!

03/30/2009 08:33 PM
ebrena
ebrena  

Thanks Casty, you are so right. If my husband didn't see the look of anguish in my eyes when I flare he probably wouldn't understand. He knows right away when I have done too much, when I hurt, when I should lie down-he is wonderful when it comes to that & I am thankful. My sister was rude about it and said "do you ever hear yourself everytime I call and ask how you are you have something wrong" I told her not to ask anymore because I do have something wrong everyday and it is way over her head. It's is moving to my lower back, top of my thighs & hips-hopefully it will all go out my toes! Stress is my worst enemy I am aware of that but do not know how to curtail that, it's in my DNA. Thanks for caring Casty

03/30/2009 09:05 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

Ebrena, I know what it is like to think that you have to make sure everyone is happy. I have finally made myself cut back on that. Other than your sister, how do the others in your family react to your fibro? I am sorry that you are feeling so bad and having to deal with this holidays are hard when you are not feeling well and especially when you have people coming to see you. I hope you feel better soon and please do not over do it.

Does your fibro act like this or do you have allergies maybe? My family has bad allergies and here in Georgia we have the azelia's blooming and all the flowers are out just in time for the Master's that will be in town next week. It is a very bad time for lots of people that live here, everthing incuding the cars are green from all the pollen and if you have any degree of allergy you will wind up taking something or will see your md. I am taking my daughter tomorrow. Hope you feel better soon.

03/30/2009 09:14 PM
ebrena
ebrena  

Thanks bc1028, I do have brain fog most days-but when the allergies also hit me I feel like my head is the biggest, pounding pumpkin head. I bought a good steamer for my room, I also use a Nasal rinse twice daily & if unbearable I will put a pot on the stove and use a towel over my head to steam my head/sinus. I gargle with salt water because my glands are always sore which is most likely from my jaw and is part of all this-I tense my teeth together & grind at night but I would swallow a night guard. This is actually nothing compared to how I get over Christmas. I hate Christmas-I have forever to me it is one big stress-ball. I am going to make an appointment tomorrow for a couple deep tissue massages before they come hope it helps. Thanks for caring.

03/30/2009 11:37 PM
AutumnSunset
AutumnSunset  

Ebrena, have you ever tried Nasalcrom (an OTC nasal spray for allergies). My husband has allergies, especially bad in the spring and late summer, and he takes Zyrtec and uses Nasalcrom to keep it under control. He recommends this to all his patients who ask him about something to take for allergies.

03/31/2009 12:03 AM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Ebrena,

I think you've gotten a lot of great advice, and I'm really sorry you feel so bad. I can totally relate. I have FMS, CFS, and Lyme, among other things, so I get hit with everything! It sounds to me as though you may have TMJ, based on the grinding of your teeth and the jaw pain. I would really recommend you see your dentist for that and see if that is the case. The dentist can actually make a hard (not squishy that encourages more chewing) dental appliance for overnight use, and it can be made to go on your bottom jaw, so you will be even less inclined to try to swallow it. I never tried to swallow the top one, but I chewed on it, it was always too big for my mouth, and I usually spit them out in the middle of the night.

If you are interested, there is a TMJ group here on MD, so you might want to check it out and ask some questions. You may find it helpful to see if you need to get more info from your dentist, but that's what it sounds like to me.

*hugs*

jen Smile

03/31/2009 05:23 AM
amommy02
amommy02  

Poor ebrena!Sad Just know that we are suffering with you. I need my allergy meds really bad right now but can't afford them. I'm going to ask the doctor for some samples or something. I actually took a couple of my daughter's chewable singulair this morning and I'm feeling a little better. I think I might sell a kidney so I can get my own refilled.Laughing (Don't worry, she doesn't take it for asthma, just allergies, and she had extra. I'm not stealing anything she needs.Smile)

Before I had even heard of fibromyalgia, the way I described how I was feeling was that I felt like I had the flu, but I didn't have a fever. I would tell people my skin hurt and they would look at my like I was crazy.

I like what you told your sister. That's been my theory all along. Don't ask me how I am if you don't want the truth.

Hope you feel better soon.

Post edited by: amommy02, at: 03/31/2009 05:24

03/31/2009 06:59 AM
ebrena
ebrena  

Thanks everyone for listening to me whine. I find that when allergies strike it's not just my head that gets stuffed up and heavy. My skin itches-I just feel itchy all over, my eyes ears. The only antihistamine that works for me is Benadryl & of course that can make you tired, but I have tried so many. I am hypothyroid & diabetic as well so don't want anything that will stimulate me too much, I also take Singular & use 3 inhalers. I don't usually feel too bad after I take all my meds but I did get a real good flare up this time-this morning my upper right arm feels like someone punched me & I am having muscle spasms in my back-just small but I have had small muscle spasms before and reached for something & that's it I can't move! So I try to listen to my body. I take Gabapentin for my fibro & find it makes me spacey but it really does seem to help with a lot of my pain and or muscle spasms but I am now up to 600mg 3 times a day 600mg every 8 hours or I'm sorry if I don't. My body is much more relaxed this morning, I feel less of a bog head after taking my antihistamines but I am sure tired as the meds make me feel tired. I find if I drag myself out of the house in the afternoon even for a wee bit I feel a bit better but it takes me a long time to get feeling ready to go in the mornings. It could be worse, but yesterday I was just feeling so stressed and stress brings on pain so much better today. Hope everyone has a good day & that the sun comes shining soon-enough of the gray wet & cold weather.

03/31/2009 07:04 AM
bc1028
bc1028  

I hope you feel better soon. It is a visious cycle this time of the year. I hope you feel better soon.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved