MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/27/2009 10:45 PM

Do You Think Overdoing is Worth the Price?(page 4)

bits
bits  
VIP Member

You know, I think we tend to forget housework is work. And feel quilty if home is not "Betty Crocker" like. Whether we are in the workforce outside or inside we are still working. So it stands to reason if we can no longer keep our jobs because of illness, well...we will not be able to maintain home duties as before illness set in. I think all here do a wonderful job in doing the best they can. I tip my hat to you. Hugs

03/27/2009 10:58 PM
Cinderella424

Bits,

You just made me feel so much better. I needed to hear that, even though I say it to everyone else. I don't always practice what I preach. I grew up in the betty crocker house(LOL). Mom vacuumed everyday, because we had pets and I had allergies. She kept that house immaculate and though everyone, including my husband and mother say who cares if its dusty or you didn't vacuumed, it consumes my mind, if I don't. But, I am really trying to make some healthy changes and limit myself each day and listen to my body. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

03/27/2009 11:13 PM
Casty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

That is a very good point Bits. I grew up in a house full of junk and swore I wouldn't let my house get cluttered up but guess what? I am getting there fast! It is so much harder to do ANYTHING now than it was before FM...I would work full time and over time and still cook and clean, take care of my children...all of it, now just one chore feels insurmountable. It is so frustrating.

03/27/2009 11:15 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

The best thing you can do is listen to your body. It will give you a much better quality of life. I had four loads of laundry piled up that I finally got to... doing a few pieces at a time. The reason it piled up is because I was too sick to do it before. But you know what...it is done. So what it took me 4 hours to get it done. My point is slowly but surely.

03/27/2009 11:19 PM
Cinderella424

Thats something I am learning the hard way. Type A personality, my brain says just get it all done, do it all now, not later. Trying to get where you are

03/28/2009 02:54 AM
TinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

When I was young I used to move whenever the house got dirty. Seriously! I moved like every 6 months.

Too bad you can't do that when you're old and you have fm!

03/28/2009 03:57 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

I over do it daily...and have been for many years... you do what you have to do some days it is more then you want but you do other days you can catch up.. and other times you are swamped.. is it worth it? i guess i dont think i know any different... have a great day off to work again Tongue

woohooo a whole Saturday of wondering why i deal with the public lol..

03/28/2009 05:06 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

I used to be guilty of overdoing it but I lost the battle. I just don't the energy anymore. My daughter knows that if my house is a mess, that will make me more depressed, so she usually will come over and clean for me once a week. The laundry piles up until my husband does it. I do feel guilty but have come to terms that I have no choice right now.

connie

03/28/2009 05:21 AM
babies1
babies1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Adewyn, I'm just like you, I get up and go almost every day. If my house is dirty or the wash needs to be done and I really don't feel like doing it, I just say to myself "It will all be there tomorrow".

hugs, jenny

03/28/2009 05:24 AM
TinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Connie, that's so sweet of your daughter. Mind if I borrow her once in awhile?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 4 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved