MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/24/2009 08:06 PM

Can you take Valium and Melatonin at the same time

Kristy424
Kristy424  

I need to get to sleep as soon as possible so I can get up dark and early to get ready for the shots in my back.

Yahoo...

Thanks,

KristyUnsure

03/24/2009 08:41 PM
TinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Kristy, I take my atavan with melatonin. Atavan and valium are both diazepams, so I think you should be ok. You may be a little groggy in the am, though.

03/24/2009 09:08 PM
Kristy424
Kristy424  

Thanks, Tina! I'm such an idiot when it comes to medications. I should have remembered to take the melatonin earlier this evening, but the time got away from me (probably too much grousing about the haircut!). I just hate to NOT take it because, even when I don't get enough sleep, I still think it helps me feel a little better. Most days anyway!

Thanks again. Nite all!

03/24/2009 09:13 PM
Sistrozzie
Sistrozzie  

melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone produced by the brain at night to help people sleep and is highest as it gets dark. I can't remember its name during the daytime but the brain produces one for daytime and the other for nighttime. It shouldn't hurt you at all to take Valium with it.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved