MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/07/2008 04:02 PM

I finally saw a rheumy for the first time

suzanner
suzanner  

I have been waiting for this day with great anticipation only to be somewhat disappointed. I have 16 of the 18 tender spots and she doesn't think all my symptoms are just from fibromyalgia. I have arthritis in my neck from 2 cervical fusions and in my lower back from an old injury. she believes the arthritis is pinching nerves leading to my arms and legs causing the extreme weakness and numbness. I need to have further tests and she wants me to start physical therapy 3-4 times/week immediately. she discovered I have very little strength below my waist, that would be the cause of my legs giving out on me. anyway, she prescribed me amitriptyline to help me stay asleep, but still I'll be able to hear the baby. she still wakes up several times a night for a bottle. she also gave me vicodin for the pain. It doesn't help much, but at least it's better than what I had before which was nothing. I go back in 6-8 wks for the results of my tests.

then I got more bad news. my husband is in the army reserves and has just been activated to go back to iraq next january. I don't know how I'm going to be able to deal with this on my own. even though he isn't supportive, at least he's able to care for the baby when I can't. hopefully things aren't as bad as they seem. I'll just have to take it one day at a time.

02/07/2008 04:11 PM
singingangel

I hope you get relief soon. I think it is good you saw this dr. He seems to understand your pain well. I just hope the physical therapy will help. Know my thoughts will be with you. hugs

02/07/2008 06:21 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

Hang in there! I know you can do it! That baby will help provide you the strength you need. The smile on it's face will help you through.

I too am glad you saw the rheumy. It sounds like they are on top of things.

I hope you have some family and/or friends in your area to help you through your stressful and physical times of need.

Take care! Smile

Amy

02/22/2008 08:14 PM
PamelaG
PamelaG  

Bless your heart! Goodness girl! Now remember this: If you have pain that lasts for more than 2 hours after you do the pt, TELL YOUR Docs. If you have pain that doesn't go away after pt, TELL YOUR DOCS. I didn't know to, then they got all over me about it. If it lasts more than 2 hours, or doesn't go away but keeps getting worse, your body isn't at the point it can handle it. Then the lady who is in charge of the pt clinic in Springfield told me that if those things happen, you need to do low impact eliptical types of excercise, and work your way SLOWLY, VERY VERY SLOWLY up. She said my body has been trying to shut down on me, and if I'd have been told to let them know how long my pain stays, that the other clinic or the Docs should have stopped it immediately.

Also, with the amnitriptalyn (sp) tell the Doc IMMEDIATELY if you have hallucinations or thoughts of suicide, or if when people talk to you instead of hearing what they are saying you only hear their voice telling you to commit suicide. (Those were my reactions to amnitrip......should be called Whatatrip! lol)

I will keep you in my prayers and your family. I will pray that the Angels protect your DH when he goes.

Big hugs!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved