MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/20/2009 07:50 PM

What's up with everyone?

booklady14
booklady14  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I've been out for a couple of weeks doing physical therapy and on lots of pain medicines.

So, I've not been on much because of the brain fog.

What is up with everyone. I get bits and pieces but no clue as to what is going on with Kay, Lori, and what is it about choclate that has everyone laughing over.

I think somewhere along the way, I must have made a wrong turn!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

kathyWink

03/20/2009 07:56 PM
TinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Kathy, hi! It's so good to see you back Smile Are you feeling better?

I think the chocolate thing is a result of some of us getting the giggles, lol! I love the giggles. They always make me feel better Smile

You have a great weekend, too! I hope you can spend some time with us Smile

03/20/2009 08:07 PM
amommy02
amommy02  

Good to see you Kathy! How is the physical therapy going? Any progress?

03/20/2009 09:01 PM
booklady14
booklady14  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Physical Therapy can be brutal for someone with Fibro! I've had some of the worst flares I have ever had. But we have to keep doing the therapy to build the strength back into the left side of my body ater the falls and hospital stays back in October. So, I'm either at the Therapist, or I'm at home doing the exercises I need to do to keep up the strength, and then being knocked out by tons of pain pills. I'm glad my doctor is working with my therapist. If he were not providing the additional pain medicine, I would not be able to do this. And we have to keep going, because the good news is that my left side of the body is now regaining strentgh. So, physically its going better, but the pain is unreal. It keeps triggering more flares. I am taking massage sessions while at therapy. She said that she wished every doctor that said they did not believe in Fibro or the amount of pain, could just run their hands down my legs, up my back and neck and shoulders. She said I'm one of her patients in the worst shape. Again, if she was not working with my doctor, and back and forth, I would have just stood in front of a very big truck.

At this time I only barely use the walker. That's great improvement. And we don't know if I will be able to retire the canes or not.

Anyway, that's why I've not been on and so much seems to be going on with the site and all the posts, I almost felt like a stranger!!Tongue

Thanks for caring and please continue to pray.

KathyCool

03/20/2009 09:24 PM
amommy02
amommy02  

I'm glad it's helping, and it's good to know your doctor is listening to your pain. Keep us posted. Hopefully the pain will start to subside as you build up your strength and stamina.

03/20/2009 09:45 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

Wow, it sounds like yo are going through some heavy duty therapy, good luck. I have gone to therapy many times but each time the md (and it has been several different ones) has had me quit because of the pain level it causes. I am seriously thinking about getting a deep tissue massage soon, I want to see how that would feel, if it would make me sore, I got one several years ago and the girl said then that my muscles were too tight for her to do much.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved