MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/05/2008 08:49 PM

a question or 2

bearsjewel
bearsjewel  

Hi all and ty so much for the warm welcomes. I am a member of care2 and the fibro groups there but have not been there in awhile because it seems like no one whats to talk about what is happening to them all they want to do is write poetry and refer you to other websites that only told me what I already know. I happened upon this website by shear wonderful chance. My ? is, I started fainting and falling or just falling about 8 yrs ago and the doctors have ran me thru every test imaginable. The conclusion of them all was what I already knew and that is that it is caused by the fibro somehow. I have an electric wheelchair because I have a hard time walking around the house let alone in a store. Hopefully we can get a van to haul the chair so I can use it there. But does anyone else have this happen to them? also does anyone have Sjogren's Disease, it affects the eyes, mouth skin etc. I have developed that also because of the fibro. I have more to vent but this is just something I would like to know. Thank You so muchShocked

02/05/2008 09:02 PM
foggy
foggy  

I have never experienced that. However I have had brown outs and incredible muscle weakness and fatique and the allmighty fibro fog. Could be meds? Or who knows this fibro affects everything. I think its worked its way into my computer evenWhistling Anyway welcome to the group. This community is awsome. Someone may have an answer for you.

foggyCool

02/05/2008 09:29 PM
meleggs
meleggs  

Hi- welcome to our group.

There is this DVD out about people with chronic fatigue syndrome. I bought it because basically I have both.(I think alot of us do.)

Well it is a documentary about a woman who has chronic fatigue and all the research she has done to get to the roots of the ailment. She also has other people on it with CF and there is this one boy-teenager- who is BEDRIDDEN because even if he sits up too long he faints. Obviously he can't walk because of the fainting.

I think both of you have these unique symptoms but this kid also has the same problem. I think the DVD is called "I Remember Me" if anyone is interested.

02/06/2008 03:25 AM
bearsjewel
bearsjewel  

thank you so much you are wonderful. i will look until i find the dvd. its driven me nuts looking for some answers. lol i think the fibro and cf and etc. has already done that tho. lol

02/06/2008 05:26 AM
Aquarian211
Aquarian211  

Hi bearsjewel!!! I'm sure your cardio team has looked into this... but just to make sure ... have they looked into postural hypotension? Or Neurally Mediated Hypotension? You might want to google those terms and see if it might apply to you... please don't assume my spelling is correct however Smile & welcome!

02/06/2008 06:59 AM
bearsjewel
bearsjewel  

I dont think that the docs have looked for that so I will look them up and talk to the cardio. Thank you so much again you guys are wonderfulKissing

02/06/2008 07:17 AM
meleggs
meleggs  

Aquarian is right- make sure your doc checks that stuff out. If I remember correctly the kid in the video had that- I think it has to do with blood pressure changing as you change positions. Blood pressure too low- you can pass out. My dad had that with Parkinson's but that is very common with those patients.

02/06/2008 07:25 AM
Aquarian211
Aquarian211  

It might be common with fibro without us knowing it.. i've seen allot of people on here say they faint easily - and i'm on meds for it, specifically Neurally Mediated Hypotension..... i'm all sorts of fun Smile I used to run 5K's then almost pass out WHEN I STOPPED - duh - I didn't know that wasn't normal until it got severly flared when the fibro popped up.. HEHHEHEEH (so the fibro fog started early???? hehehe)

02/06/2008 08:03 AM
BeachBum
BeachBum  

Wow, I have never heard of that. I do get light headed when I stand up...and sometimes I seem to get dizzy for no reason. I thought it might be the meds I'm on, or that I may have gotten up to fast. However these days I have been getting up a lot slower. I know my balance has been off since my fibro sypmotms started, thats common too I think? As far as my BP goes, I have always had hereditary hypertension since I was a kid, and am on meds that keep it under control now, so the thought of it being too low...just doesn't seem possible for me! LOL

Let us know what you find out bearsjewel...it will intersting to find out what is going on...I hope you are feeling better soon! =)

P.S. Welcome to the group!

02/06/2008 10:14 AM
Aquarian211
Aquarian211  

Hey... soooo not trying to be a know it all.. b/c seriuosly - I know very little! heheheh - BUT you can have hypertension, and still have bouts of postural hypotension - seems odd - right?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved