MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/12/2009 11:28 PM

Why do we feel good one minute and not the next?

mesafoxx
mesafoxx  

[b]Unsure Well, I hope that im not alone in this cause i sure do feel that way. There are some days that my fibromyalgia allows me to work out in my flower garden and other days i cant even think about it. Im having to ask my neighbors if they could empty my trash can. When i put my garden together it took me quite a while to put the bricks in to line it. I moved 3 to 4 bricks a day, it took me 8 days to put them around two small trees. It has taken me 3 weeks to prune a lemon tree, but doing these things i had to only do a small amount of work then rest the next day then do all over again. Im very proud of myself that i was able to accomplish the tasks at hand but in the same breath im exhausted. I am taking quite a few meds and they seem to help some, but after 2 1/2 yrs i guess im tolerating it more better. Write back and let me know if im alone or if u feel this way some. thank you mesafoxx gentle hugs

03/12/2009 11:40 PM
TinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Mesafoxx, I think you should be really proud of yourself. You manage to do a lot more than I do. Most days I struggle with the most menial of tasks- dishes, the trash, a trip to the store.

My really good days are very few and far between, it seems. Physically speaking at any rate.

The meds help, or rather I guess they would help MORE if I could get the doctors to keep everything straight.

My first prescriptions worked like a miracle! I was so happy. So the dr rewrote the scripts for me. I'm still ecstatic! I was doing so much more than I had been able to do, and I was doing it alone without asking for help from my husband. Then about two weeks into my second prescriptions, my husband looked at the bottle and asked me how many I was taking. I told him.

The doctor had written the scripts for half the dose he had given me previously, but had neglected to tell me! Of course, that now meant that I was going to run out two weeks early, too! Seems like they've never been correct for one reason or another since.

03/12/2009 11:58 PM
Auriel
Auriel  

I too am struggling with the exhaustion. The last time I went to the Dr. I told him "I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired". That was just before I was diagnosed with FMS. I lost my job in Dec. and with it my medical insurance so now I know what is wrong but am unable to get the help for it. The exhaustion is so severe that I am withdrawing from my college classes for this semester. Even though knowing others feel the same thing doesn't make you feel better at least let that knowledge keep you from feeling alone.

Blessed be

Auriel

03/13/2009 12:10 AM
Casty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

I am so sorry you are so tired Auriel hon, I know many of us can totally relate to your frustration. I'm sorry it is taking such a toll on you. I am really happy you found our wonderful fibro family. You are more than welcome to read and post as much as you like darling. You finally found a place where you can be just who you are and never apologize for it. I'm so happy for you!

Post edited by: Casty, at: 03/13/2009 00:13

03/13/2009 12:14 AM
TinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Auriel, you're in an extremely tenuous position right now and you're in pain. It's going to be hard to see anything positive.

The fact is, we're here to help each other through situations like yours. With love and support, encouragement, suggestions, tips, tricks.

Losing your job and your health insurance is a huge blow. You're going to find a lot of other people in here in the same boat. I have to try and get into a free clinic this week. I'm running out of the last refills my doctor gave me before we dropped the insurance. We just couldn't afford it anymore.

There are a few girls in here who are learning to deal with trying to handle their class loads and fibro symptoms at the same time. I'm sure they'd be happy to talk to you and share anything they can. Brandi and Crystal.

We even have an 8 year old girl with us who lights up our whole site. Her name is Marybelle and she's very special.

I'd love it if you stick around and give us a chance. There's pretty much something here for everyone. Whatever you need- if you want to laugh, cry, rant, vent, moan, joke. It's entirely up to you. You're always going to find at least one person to match any mood or answer any question.

BTW, I love your name AND your pic! That's BEAUTIFUL!

03/13/2009 12:22 AM
mesafoxx
mesafoxx  

Well, Hi there ladies, Tina, I was right where u are and sometimes im still there. I have to push myself everyday to get up. When i finally do, My body is so swollen i dont even think i can walk. I believe i find my strength with asking God to please help me make it thru the day cause i know i cant do it alone. Somehow, im able to get up and get to my meds then sit for 1hr until the meds start to work, and then im off doing everything i need to do because by 2 to 2:30pm i just cant go any further and im out of the running for 1 1/2 days. Listen I think u need to go back to the dr. and ask him/her to put u on the right amount of meds so u can function, u too Auriel,

Auriel, I know it is hard for most people to do this, it was very hard for me but its time for help from ur local medicaid office/food stamps/medical u can get all of this help from the state u reside in. You need ur education, our resession is not going to be here forever, u need ur education. Please ask around so u can find the phone numbers that u need.

Also, keep the faith, it will help u both in more ways than one.

03/13/2009 12:38 AM
Auriel
Auriel  

Thank you for the support. I have applied for SSD, SSI, and Medicaid. there is also a free clinic nearby that I can go to in the meantime.

Thanks again

Auriel

03/13/2009 12:42 AM
TinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Auriel, that's wonderful! I'm so glad to hear it!

Then in the meantime, hang out with us for a day or two and see what we can do to help lighten your mood and your load. Like I said, there's a lot of excellent listeners here Smile

03/13/2009 12:04 PM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

mesafox, You are not alone. I have the same problem. My flower bed took me 4 weeks to get it the way I wanted it. I have back spasms when I am doing too much. I love working in the yard and in my flower beds but, when the spasms hit me I have to quick. Then it will be days when I can't get back to it. I tire real easy and I have always been the one to keep going until it's finished. Well, Not anymore, I have to listen to my body now and if it's telling me that I have to quit, I do., because it will be harder on me later. You are not alone. I too have the same problem. Hang in there, it will be Ok. Just listen to what your body is telling you and the pain won't be So Bad. God Bless You. shortstuff fenech7Ecinamon

03/13/2009 12:19 PM
rmm164
rmm164  
VIP Member

I'm the same way. Most days I might be able to do a half hour work then have to rest for an hour. Lately it's been no work at all. I've been telling myself everyday I am going to clean up the living room. Everyday my hips hurt too bad and I am too tired to do it. The thing is that it'll still be there needing to be picked up and vacuumed whenever I feel like doing it, it's not going any where. So, I just let myself go slowly. I've been there where I had to stop working and drop classes and all that too. It's not a good place to find yourself. But it passes. Someday you'll feel better. I hope it's sooner than later.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved