MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/08/2009 05:17 AM

Cleaning - Thanks for the support!

shadows6
shadows6  

Thank you to ALL of you who gave suggestions and tips on keeping the house clean. I wish my hubby was more like yours.

Also, Thanks for the welcome to the sight & forum. I only wish I had found this sooner.

03/08/2009 08:32 AM
homesickgranny
homesickgranny  

I need advice too.We have well water and it leaves an awful yellow stain in tub, sink and toilet bowl.I have used everything imaginable to try to get rid of it, even CLR doesn't work Help!!!

03/08/2009 08:41 AM
TinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Granny! You're back! When did you get home? I've had well water, too, so I know what you mean. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything that will get it off, but I'm going to check England's Queens of Clean and see if they have any tips.

Our pleasure, Shadow. We're really happy you're here, too. Post whatever you want whenever you want and somebody's bound to have some answers- or at least a shoulder.

In the meantime, we'll send your hubby to "fibro appreciation training camp!" I can't tell you what we'll do to him there, but trust me, he won't be the same when he gets back!

03/08/2009 08:47 AM
Casty
0hCasty  
VIP Member

Can you say Stepford Husband? LOL

03/08/2009 10:42 AM
Janilee

Granny huggers lady. Have you tried "yellow out"? You can find it in the cleaning section over by the mops and stuff. It comes in a plastic bottle and it's a powder. I use it on my sink and tub to get the rust stains out of it.

03/08/2009 10:53 AM
TinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Granny, I also found this info for you:

"I use Zep acidic toilet bowl cleaner it removes the yellow on tubs and toilets with little scrubbing involved pour some in tub and spread around using rubber gloves remember it is acidic and wait 5 mins then rinse off."

03/08/2009 04:59 PM
amommy02
amommy02  

There's also a cleaner called The Works. I get it at the local dollar store. It has a really harsh odor, but it takes that kind of stuff right off. Just don't get it on your skin.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved