MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/16/2012 09:54 PM

Paresthesia

mem6526

Paresthesia:

By Adrienne Dellwo, About.com Guide

A paresthesia is an abnormal skin sensation -- such as itching, burning, tingling or tickling -- without an obvious cause. It's most commonly associated with peripheral nerve damage but also occurs in many people with fibromyalgia. Some paresthesias can be painful.

Also Known As: Nerve pain, "pins-and-needles," crawling sensations, prickling, tingling, itching, burning

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/glossary/g/ paresthesia.htm

06/16/2012 10:29 PM
shayluna
shayluna  

That was a good post, I wondered if the wierd nerve activity was normal for fibro. Sometimes the strange symptoms make me wonder if I'm nuts.

06/16/2012 10:31 PM
mem6526

I posted another article about it just a few minutes ago.

It is part of Fibromyalgia. I cannot stand it! Wassat

06/16/2012 10:35 PM
shayluna
shayluna  

I agree with you, it's one of the hardest things to cope with for me too. Bedtime seems to be the worst because there's no distraction.

06/16/2012 10:41 PM
mem6526

EXACTLY!!!!!! I cannot stand night time anymore.

I am miserable when it is night time and time to sleep.

Like I am miserable now!! It sucks! Nobody would ever understand this unless they are living it like we are. There is just no way to explain this...Whistling

awake

Post edited by: angelonearth, at: 06/16/2012 10:41 PM

06/16/2012 10:51 PM
ushie

We hates it, we does! Seriously, this is THE WORST part of Fibro for me. Sometimes I want to scrape off my skin. And I still can't get over water "hurting" me. Ugh. Maddening!

06/16/2012 10:57 PM
mem6526

OMG!! The itching is beyond horrible. I have been itchy all night. It has felt like creepy crawly bugs are crawling all over me. Even my hair and my scalp itch and feel like creepy crawlies are all over me too. I cannot stand it.

I had to take another shower tonight in cool water to help calm it down.

I am still itching. I took a Benadryl too. This SUCKS!!!!!!!!! Devil

06/16/2012 11:31 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Try getting some oatmeal soak at the pharmacy. It's usually used for things like poison ivy, and I can't think of the name of the brand, but you should be able to get it in the pharmacy in the section that has things like Caladryl lotion and benedryl lotion. It's called collodial oatmeal. Take a bath in that, helps with itching.

06/17/2012 07:27 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have the itching from time to time in the same spots and I ve always believed it was Fibro-related . Drives me crazy but cortizone cream helps.

As for the ""tickling"", I have that A LOT on my arms between my elbow and shoulder . It feels like a hair hanging on my arm or a cob web . Drives me even crazier ~~~ LOL !!!

Ooooh, the fun of living with Fibro ~~~ And, anyone who doesn t have Fibro has no clue what we go thru besides the pain.

Marilyn

06/17/2012 07:32 PM
shayluna
shayluna  

I agree, those who don't have it don't really understand. I had to try and explain some of my symptoms to my mom yesterday. She tried her best to understand, but I know she was still a bit confused. It's not her fault at all, it's hard to explain something that not everyone feels. I've started getting random twitches in my arms and legs to go along with the crawlies...the joys of fibro.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved