MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/29/2008 12:11 PM

hoarse voice from stress??

danny_lynn62
dannylynn62  

Has anyone experienced their voice becoming hoarse or leaving completely when addressing a stressful situation. I have been working on recovering from pneumonia and actually doing pretty well until the bottom dropped out early this morning. I got a call from victims assistance advocate telling me that the pretrial hearing is this afternoon (which, as some of you know, began with a domestic violence incident in late November). As soon as the woman told me who she was and why she was calling, my voice immediately went hoarse on me and then virtually went bye-bye before we were finished talking.... Not long after her call I got hang up call. (talk about dejavu!!) What a day this is turning out to be. Even more frightening was that I had to say yes to her asking if I wanted the no contact order to remain active. Each time I have to address that issue I worry about the ramifications that will happen as a result of my statement. eeeek... She is supposed to call me this afternoon to tell me what happened in court.

thanks for letting me vent.

danny_lynn Sad Ermm

01/29/2008 12:31 PM
spruce1
spruce1  

Ya know Danny, it could be just the stress. Were you having trouble talking with the pnuemonia? It really sounds like stress and of course if you were coughing a lot that iritates the voice. Try gargling with warm salt water a couple of time a hour and see if there's any results....Sick

Maybe someone else has a better suggestion!?

Spruce Hang in there!!!Wink

01/29/2008 12:53 PM
prince

I haven't heard of stress causing hoarse voice. I have heard from living in a very dry environment, smoking, yelling, singing, after a cold and also if u have Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease. Ice. Suck on a piece of ice. It will stop spasms in your throat, which cause hoarse voice. Also, as Spruce said about the salt and water. I also knowsea salt works best. Hope this is helpful.

01/29/2008 01:02 PM
spruce1
spruce1  

I kinda agree with Prince....but did you ever hear some one when there real nervous then their voice goes squeaky and have to keep clearing out their throat and try drinking water!! However, I do know since I have had fibro and CIFDS my voice is stratchie and sounds hourse. So you know what....throw up a quarter and see where it lands and take your pick!!!Silly

Spruce Cheerful

Post edited by: spruce1, at: 01/29/2008 15:03

01/29/2008 01:18 PM
danny_lynn62
dannylynn62  

Thanks for the suggestions, I was so embarrassed, it was one of those times where my ability to speak my mind was vital and where does my voice take off to, (maybe never never land!ha) I felt so many emotions and the problem was that I had no time to grab something to moisten my throat. I think having lived in an abusive home for so long I lost the ability to stand my ground and ask for a moment to put my body in order. Most of my conversations were cut short so I would try to get all I wanted to say in as quickly as possible. I need to work on that aspect of my self-esteem. I'm finding it surprising the many areas of life that get affected by abuse. I know my fibro pain has been much easier for me to diagnose now that I'm alone and in peaceful surroundings. I'm able to take better care of me.

danny_lynn

01/29/2008 01:27 PM
prince

I'm so glad to hear that you're Fibro pain has got easier for you to diagnose and that you are able to take better care of u! Like I told you before and I'll tell you again, I think you are a very courageous woman. Anytime you need to chat, for as long as u want and as slowly as u want, please don't hesitate to PM me. You're conversations will never be cut short. And I think that goes for almost all of us. We're here for each other, to teach, to learn and to be with people who understnd or are willing to understand what we go thru.

01/29/2008 01:34 PM
danny_lynn62
dannylynn62  

What beautiful words to read, especially today... I'm sitting here on pins and needles waiting to hear from my court advocate. Each time I go through this I expect a backlash from (from my abuser) and one of my sons. This has to be the most heartbreaking things I've experienced to date. It is so important to know I have support here anytime I need it.

love to all,

danny_lynn

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved