MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/25/2012 05:13 PM

Don't laugh...

chronicmama
chronicmama  

Okay ladies you know how I just wrote yesterday about slowing down, taking it in small doses, etc? Well I read what everyone had to say and thought you know that's great advice - I am going to try to take some of it.

So today I asked my son to paint the kitchen for me (the second coat). Then like an idiot I said to myself "Oh now I have extra time" and proceeded to go paint the front door!

What is wrong with me!!! The idea was NOT to go do something else - that isn't even on my list mind you - it was to rest LOL

Jeez - have a good weekend everyone!

05/25/2012 05:44 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

LOL you sound like an A-type personality, someone who needs to be going, doing, all the time.

For that type person, slowing down and taking it easy, is probably the hardest thing you'll ever do!

At least the door is a smaller project than the whole kitchen!

05/25/2012 06:29 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

okay role reversal, DONT REST WORK HARD ALL DAY,LOL..

sadly thats the thing I would due,good you due this for me I have time to due this,lol silly..REMEBER DONT REST!

05/25/2012 07:03 PM
ushie

Now, clean the basement AND the attic AND the garage! Don't put your feet up and rest!

05/25/2012 07:09 PM
chronicmama
chronicmama  

LOL that is funny ladies - thanks for the laugh!

05/25/2012 07:38 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

no laughing... honestly, it sounds like what I would do too and have done. Resting that involves sitting still when there things to do drives me crazy. So I know no matter how hard you try to do nothing something will come up that you simply MUST do. Juat please try to make that something something small. Hugz and Love

05/25/2012 08:44 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I've done that before! Then I'll get half way into it and think what in the hey was I thinking?! By the way, anytime anyone says "don't laugh but" or something similar it always makes me laugh no matter what it is. I guess I'm a rebel like that! Tongue Sounds like you HAVE to keep busy. Try to find something to keep your hands busy but you can do sitting like knitting or whatever. Maybe that will help at least some.

05/25/2012 11:38 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

That's my sanity saver... having stuff I can do while sitting... crocheting, cross-stitching, knitting, spinning. Hopefully be weaving soon!

05/26/2012 07:49 AM
chronicmama
chronicmama  

yea I knit - however it's hard to knit when I am staring at an unfished project!!! Well today I made strides. I did some projects this morning and then made myself sit down (even tho there is more to do)to rest. So see I can learn LOL. It's just hard - my husband keeps saying he does enjoy that the disease slowed me down (he's joking but half serious because I NEVER stop). You'd have to know we use humor to get through everything LOL.

So I am going to go rest - like I promised I would Smile

05/26/2012 05:55 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Good for you!!Grin

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved