MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/25/2012 09:03 AM

I'm not able to sleep in the bed.(page 2)

sbryant

I haven't been able to sleep in a bed for years. I have slept in the couch sitting up or on the recliner but I can't put it all the way back or the pain gets too unbearable.

05/25/2012 03:35 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

i sleep better at nap time then sleep time lol.. and the bed feels more comfortabe at nap time then bed time... lol cant figure that one out its the same damn mattress lol

05/25/2012 03:41 PM
mem6526

Adewyn,

I am the same way!!! W00t W00t W00t Whistling Blink Tongue

05/25/2012 03:49 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

me to why is that...

05/25/2012 04:27 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

It may have something to do with those cortisol levels mentioned in another thread. Daytime they are low, so sleep is easier and nighttime they are high, and so sleep is harder. At least, that's what I think I remember from the old topic.

With me, it's also RLS. My leg twitching is less in the morning than at night, so it's easier for me to sleep during the day, than in the evening. Right now, I'm absolutely backwards. I go to bed around dawn, and sleep til mid-afternoon, then am up all night.

05/25/2012 08:03 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I know what you mean Mo. I don't sleep well at night either and sleep better in the morning that's even with my Amitryptilene and Topamax. So I don't go to bed until 4:30 or around there and sleep til noon which works out alright with my hubby who has the bed all to himself. I would love to try the air mattress idea, and will do so as soon as I have the money to buy a couple, one for me and one for my hubby. Hugz and Love

05/25/2012 08:36 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Sometimes you have to do whatever works! I'm having a hard time picturing exactly how you do your legs. Not sure if they are straight up or if you are just bending them at the knee. Anyway, if it's the latter and you want to try to sleep in your bed you can get those blocks to place under you and sleep against the wall.

05/25/2012 08:47 PM
kdk
kdk  

Hi guys. I know this sounds crazy but I went to doc and got med for RLS. I couldn't take it. It made me wanna throw up and theres nothing I hate more than that. ANYWAY. I thought I gotta do something. I googled RLS and I read you can put a bar of soap (except dial or dove) in your bed that it will help with RLS. I thought I got nothing else. So, yea I tried it and it completely stopped my RLS. Crazy I know but at least try it. It stopped my husbands night time leg cramps too. When I change the bed he always asks did I put the soap under the sheet. lol

05/25/2012 08:49 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

We've had that on here several times before. People swear by it. I don't understand how it works myself but hey if it works and it isn't hurting you then I'm all for it!

05/25/2012 11:53 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

I've never heard of that for RLS. The med that made you really sick, was it Mirapex? I started out on Sinemet (generic is carbidopa/levadopa). Worked really well, but I was building a tolerance to it and had to take more and more to get the same effect. So a general practioner put me on Requip. I was allergic to it. Then he put me on Mirapex. Worked good, but I've never thrown up so much in my life! So, when I refused to take it anymore, he tried me on Klonipin. But that's a class 2 narcotic, and I was still driving truck at the time, and it was absolutely against the law for me to take that and drive a commercial vehicle! So, I was switched yet again, this time to Gabapentin, which is what I still take. Tho the new rheumy has reduced the nighttime dose and added a muscle relaxer instead.

Working well so far.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved