MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/21/2012 03:03 PM

I'm going to tell it all

mem1318

I really thought I could dis own this. But I guess I'll go on and tell it. Now you guys no I want claim anything. But I can not lie to you guys. When I got my lab work back last week my WBC was slightly out of range 10.6. I know that mean a possible infection somewhere, but that number really is not bad. So I don't think that is a problem. Plus Several things in the protein Electrophoreses Serum was way out of range Gamma high 20.1, Albumin low 50.9, alpha 1 high 5.7, beta 2 high 7.7. I don't know what any of this mean. Dr did tell me but I sit there like he did not no what he was talking about. Besides I did not want to hear nothing neg. I finally did a little research a few min ago and this is what I found, can anyone explain it to me.

Facts

GGT is contained within liver cells. When these cells are damaged, the enzyme leaks into the bloodstream and can be detected with a blood test. Pancreatic cells also contain this enzyme.

GGT levels are often ordered as part of routine blood work during a physical or checkup. The test is also ordered to diagnose various liver diseases and chronic alcoholism.

Significance of High GGT Levels

High GGT levels are associated with liver diseases such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, liver tumors, and jaundice, myocardial infarction, heavy or chronic alcohol use, pancreatic cancer and pancreatitis and viral infections such as Epstein-Barr, cytomegalovirus (CMV) and Reye's Syndrome.

GGT levels are commonly taken as part of a series of liver enzyme tests. Each test gives different information about the health of the liver and the body. The combined results are interpreted to reach a diagnosis.

I really don't drink often. Maybe once a month. so the alcoholism has not cause the problem.

We I log of early I got really sick. My head, neck lower back, right side, pain from one side right under the breast all the way over to the other side right to the breast and I just got weak and dizzy. Everything seems to be going round and round. My butt hole also hurt, but I think that is from a hemorrhoid or fissure. But that has been going on for a while after that dreadful dirraria(sp) I had then. Hubby is here now so I feel a little safe. I have not told him yet. But I did tell him my back was hurting bad.Dizzy Sick Sick

05/21/2012 03:07 PM
mem6526

RW,

Awwww...You sound so sad today. I am so sorry.

I think that we are like all having a down in the dumps Monday.

I will say a special prayer for you my sweet friend. Kissing

hang in there 4fd79bad1f1a044cfb5b704663e666da

Post edited by: angelonearth, at: 05/21/2012 03:08 PM

05/21/2012 03:30 PM
mem1318

It is strange, it did not slowly happen what ever it is in hit hard all at one time. This is one of those day that I can not act like its not something going on. But I'm trying to fight it. I think I'm going to veiw a few more post and go lay down.

Thank you angel, you are so sweet to me. Love Ya!! RW

05/21/2012 03:54 PM
mem6526

RW,

Try to rest and be really good to yourself.

Maybe a good piece of carrot cake? Wink Tongue

You are a gem! Love ya my sweet sweet friend! Kissing

We will get thru this...I hope! lol W00t

05/21/2012 03:58 PM
mem1318

Will do, same back to you. Blessings

Does anyone have any ideal what test results mean in the first post. I don't and don't know if this is why I'm feeling this way "stupid is how I feel"

Post edited by: Realityworld, at: 05/21/2012 04:00 PM

05/21/2012 04:09 PM
rwslove
rwslove  

I wish I knew what the results meant and could help. But I don't. I think you should talk to your doctor again because it may be something out of whack that can be fixed. And if you don't feel better soon you should see the doc too. Prayers going up for you.

05/21/2012 04:10 PM
mem6526

RW,

I think that your Doctor should really take the time to explain to you your blood work results and tell the Doctor that you don't understand them.

DO NOT feel stupid!!! You are not stupid.

I would make a list of questions to ask the Doctor.

Make an appointment to ask the questions and have them explained to you.

That is what a good Doctor should do!

What do you think? Let me know! HUGS!

YOU ARE NOT STUPID! Wassat

05/21/2012 04:12 PM
gerinaz

RW. Sometimes I need to have someone else go to the docs office with me because I don't retain what is told to me OR sometimes I don't understand it to begin. with. I also try to jot info down. I think most of us do a little too much research on medical websites and sometimes make ourselves nervous. It's GREAT to be informed, but unless we totally understand what we are reading, it can sometimes be dangerous. what I am getting at is that you should talk to your doctor again and have him explain the results again. maybe have hubby go with you. Please, please do not get yourself nervous over something that may not be a problem. Since you are feeling so lousy, you should be getting back to your doctor anyway, so go back totally prepared to ask all the questions you need to so that you understand what is going on. Don't let this wait. You need to be feeling your best to lounge on the ocean! (do you have a big suitcase for me to be smuggled on?)

Geri

05/21/2012 04:15 PM
mem6526

Geri,

Maybe you and I can both fit in the suitcase and go with RW on the cruise. I am not a fan of cruises but it would be fun!!

How could it not be with RW?

She is the BEST! Kissing Kissing Kissing Kissing Kissing

05/21/2012 04:16 PM
rwslove
rwslove  

They are right. You are not stupid. ((hugs))

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved