MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/21/2012 05:06 AM

Heightened senses~ what's yours?

Julzy
Julzy  

Ushie made me think of a new topic for discussion... ..I decided to start one up......

What sense affects you the most with fibro????

My sense of smell is heightened! I pick up smells no one even smells!! Of course the awful ones get me really sick!Dizzy

My hubby brought Chinese food into bed while I was resting and reading the other night. I almost died from the smell of it!!! I made him eat in the kitchen....

I also smell a friend of my sons who started coming over recently.....she smells like a barn to me! I guess she raises rodents or something... Pinch

Then I put my poor son all in a tizzy bc I mentioned his breath as needing attention. I told him moms can only do that. Wink

But the poor kid didn't stop thinking and talking about it all day long!!!! He must have spent time in the bathroom yesterday than anywhere....of course he has a pretty new girlfriend, so he was extra anxious Whistling

I wonder if other people pick up these smells like I do....maybe it's best if they don't!

Ermm

Oh this one is for RW~ forgot my hubby's farts in the middle of thee night...that's enough to keep me from seeing Lunesta butterflies! Lol!

Laughing Laughing Ermm

What's your story?

Post edited by: Julzy, at: 05/21/2012 05:10 AM

05/21/2012 05:13 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

i have always all my life have heightened smells and sounds....smells are whatever but hte sound... i am always telling the kids or hubby to turn it down and they ar like you can hear that... yes and it is still loud mute it lol....ad i hate people who talk loud...evn though i do it from time tio time myself... my husband says it must be hard living with my self and i say why he says because you must be annoyed with yuor self all the time lol... wise ass

05/21/2012 05:30 AM
anitafolkers
anitafolkers  

My stepdaughters body spray....she is 13 and she uses three different ones at once......omg makes me sick ..,... any type of terriaky cooking and i can smell stuff noone else can too.Dizzy

05/21/2012 05:55 AM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

I'm with Adewyn...sounds drive me crazy. I will have the tv on, and hubbie will find a song on youtube...He will turn it on, and the sounds together i just want to kill someone! I cannot stand the sound of a fan. It is sooo loud to me. Even if the fart fan is on in the bathroom, I can hear it, and it must be shut off!!

NOISE! CAN'T STAND NOISE

05/21/2012 06:10 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

exactly mabri exactly...we never use the bathroom fan because of the noise.. we have a ceiling fan and there are nights it drive my fricken batty but it is better then a regular fan theat would drive me shithouse (like these adjectives lol) oh and when hubby has radio and the tv on.. i go ballistic!! I am sitting here onthe computer the birds are in the other room "watching their tv" and if i put music on i have to lower the tv so i dont hear it in the other roomm.. but for the mostpart i dont have any noise when i am home by myself.. i prefer the silence... i swear my poor kids must have thought i was nuts whe they were younger... lowering the tv... turning the radios down (finally got ear things) and when i could hear it feom there ears it was taken away lol.. omg i hate noise... and i worked at HD for 8 years and the beeping from the truck would send me over the edge!! lol....i have been like this seriously since i was little... even when i was younger i would lower the tv and my brother would have to sit on top of it to hear it and i would be laying on the couch 6 feet away lol and could hear it loud and clear... my mother use to joke with people.. that she knew i wasnt deaf but was wondering if the rest of the family was lol...she said i was like an animal and could hear soud waves.. i use to think and still do if you only knew lol... Yep with Mabri.. I am totally with you lol

05/21/2012 06:10 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

yep sound..ahhhh. It seems anything above a certain volume will actually tick me off..it is fustrating,even voices..the air conditioner forget it I almost threw the thing out last year..Im with Marbi one sound at a time.if Im in a room of talking I go in melt down..so bad..

and my other one is touch..I would rather be slapped then touched lightly..

05/21/2012 06:49 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I always joke that I have the nose of a bloodhound. Or I could BE a dope dog. I smell things no one else smells and actually passed out at age 8 from opening a can of coffee. Certain perfumes are instant migraines for me and some actually make me high as well. I've been poisoned at work on a couple of occasions from carpet smells. They never understand but I think if I didn't leave the smell would kill me...I start seeing spots and get super dizzy and drool...

Then there are the sounds. When I'm flaring bad I hear weird sounds in music that really disturb me. I've posted in the past how I can't bear to hear Lenny Kravitz and his dayum cowbells!! If his music comes on, off goes the radio.

I've also been completely overloaded sensory-wise when driving my convertible with the top down on hot or windy days. I've had to stop, turn off the music, close the top and hug myself to get a grip. The feel of the sun, the music and the rush of the wind, the sounds of traffic, the glare...it just completely overwhelms me and I kind of melt down. It's way better now that I'm on klonpin though.

The absolute worst is my job. I work in an extremely busy call center. The CONSTANT ringing phones, the feel of the headset crushing my skull, the voices and smells of my coworkers...one on my shift has the loudest speaking voice in the world, another has this manic laugh that never stops if there is a man in the room to flirt with...then combine all this with the stress of dealing with the stupidest people in the United States...it's been almost a year now and you would not believe how many times I've nearly gotten up and walked out and gone home. It's a true miracle that I guess I can attribute to a good mix of meds that I've lasted this long. I'm looking for another job but it took me over a year to find this one.......

05/21/2012 06:59 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

Hi Ray! long time no see!!!! glad you are doing well.. and people suck LOL Smile hope to see you around more miss you!! hugs and love

05/21/2012 07:56 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Good to see you here Adewyn Wink Not all people suck, just the rude and really mindblowingly stupid ones. You've worked retail, you know of those of whom I speak. Last week some kid in one of the stores pulled a fire man pull--one of my colleagues (very patiently) spent 20 minutes(!) describing what it looked like and how to find it...to a store MANAGER. Where do they find these people??????

05/21/2012 08:18 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

I dont know how some of these people still have there jobs.. or how they got them LOL... makes my brain hurt Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved