MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/15/2012 06:38 PM

overwhelmed

sdz2flyyy
sdz2flyyy  

the stresses of this past week and my surgery on friday has me very overwhelmed and really emotional

every little thing has made me upset or has produced a waterfall of tears the past couple of days.

the added stress of this has caused a flare up also.

im trying to hold it together but tonight has gotten me really down =/

05/15/2012 08:10 PM
Chocovan

please take a deep breathe and try to relax I know its difficult but the more you stress the more the pain level increases. Try to take a nice bath with epson salts and maybe some candles I know it seems crazy when everything is chaotic to tell you to take a both but you have to get yourself calm or calmer than you are right now. I sure that your Friday surgery will go very well, by the way what is the surgery if you dont mind me asking. Take care and we are thinking of you and hoping you will feel better soon

05/15/2012 08:30 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

sdz,

I'm sorry you are so upset and emotional right now. I'm not sure if your surgery was last Friday, or if it is coming up this Friday...Either way, stressing about it is not going to help it at all, it is just going to keep you upset. I agree, find a quiet place; like a bath, and think about nothing but good things, or nothing at all. You need to clear out your mind, and start over. When there are so many things going on at once, your mind can't seperate them, and it just runs all together..Then you end up stressed out. Get relaxed, breathe deep, and the things you can do nothing about, put them away. Hope you get to feeling better. HUGS

05/16/2012 05:43 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I agree with the above. Take 30 minutes for some you time. I don't care if it's when the kids are napping or whatever. The floor might not get swept but you really need some destress time.

05/16/2012 03:47 PM
sdz2flyyy
sdz2flyyy  

chocovan && mabri, my surgery is this friday, it is to remove my thymus gland that has a tumor growing on it. they have to make a large incision down my chest and break my breast bone to get to it. then afterwards it will be tested to see if it is cancerous. i have been trying very hard to keep everything together but the surgery and stress that comes with has gotten to me. i tried layin around and not doing anything, but the mom && clean freak in me said "NO" lol so earlier today my husband took a half day off work and watched our son so i could have some time to myself and try to relax. it has helped a lil bit. but thanks guys for tryin to cheer me up <3

05/17/2012 07:49 AM
faerie
faerie  

Hi Sweetheart, - I just wanted to tell you that my thoughts and prayers will be with you on Friday.

I hope that it all goes smoothly and that it is benign. It is no wonder that you have been feeling tearful - it is only natural that you are nervous. I think the waiting period before an op is often worse than the op itself.

Please know we will be thinking of you so please let us know how you do. We really care.

Gentle hugs. Faerie

05/17/2012 09:20 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

That sounds quite scary, which I'm sure is pushing that stress limit up there. Knowing that worrying won't help and it is what it is doesn't help. Prayers for you tomorrow that the surgery goes well, it's a benign tumor, and that your recovery period is short and easy! Now, for tonight get something to eat from the pizza place or whatever, rent a movie and enjoy some family time before you go in tomorrow.

05/17/2012 10:12 AM
livewithhope
livewithhope  

I'll be praying for you too! I just had surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I understand. Keep us posted, ok?

Liz

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved