MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/15/2012 09:42 AM

Struggling at work - flu feelings

Beeleeg
Beeleeg  

These flu feeling days at work are hard. I am taking way too many tylenol and ibupropen. I just want to go home to bed.

Any tips on ways to get through? Pain and all of the other stuff excluded...... I hate feeling like I have the flu. Some days/most days are getting difficult and I fear it's going to keep getting worse. I'm sitting at a comp most of the time and do some filing and faxing. But ugh...you guys understand I'm sure.

I can't take naps. I try crackers and warm tea. Only works so much. I find myself eating too much because it seems to I don't know, make me feel like I'm doing something. But that's not right.

I filed for FMLA intermittent leave because I don't have much sick time left and need my job. I'll have to save that time for the really bad days.

Just looking for any advice and wish nobody had to go thru this.

05/15/2012 09:53 AM
faerie
faerie  

Sweetheart - I am so sorry that you are feeling like this. I wish I had a magic solution - but I don't. After work try to soak in a nice hot epsome salts bath and get an early night.

Big gentle hugs. Faerie

05/15/2012 11:02 AM
FibroCFS
FibroCFS  

I have had the flu-like symptoms the last couple of weeks. Today is the first day I am feeling like they have left. So of course feeling better, my activity will increase and in a couple days actually get out of the house and then...it will bring them back on. The weather has been rainy and stormy here the last couple of weeks (well, for NM) and that makes me sick too.

Unfortunately they tend to kick in with activity. And yes, I understand not being able to take naps. I never could even when exhausted.

05/15/2012 12:32 PM
LilyRose4
LilyRose4  

So sorry I know it sucks, I went through this over winter for about 4 months. I starting taking Sambucol with elderberry and other good stuff. It really helps with flu-like symptoms and if you actually have a cold or flu it will shorten the time (its like the natural version of NyQuil/NyQuil)but better. Hope you feel better soon!

05/16/2012 07:18 AM
Beeleeg
Beeleeg  

Thanks everyone. I guess it's a matter of just taking it day by day. It's just hard as you know, especially when co-workers have no clue because you appear to be normal. Well minus the limping, tired looking eyes etc..etc..

Sometimes I think I really am getting sick with a cold/flu but it's usually the Fibro.

Do we need to avoid people who are sick more than other people do? Is the immune system weak in us?

05/16/2012 03:13 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Good question. I don't know. I haven't read anything about it, so I don't know if any studies have been done. What does everyone's experience say? I know I used to be sick ALL the time when I was younger, but not so much in the last few years.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved