MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/14/2012 06:17 PM

nonsense

mollymawmaw
mollymawmaw  

hi all,

I had lunch with family today, and all they do is laugh at me, cause i say the stupidest things at the wrong times..this fibro fog really messes with your mind..it makes me think I have no sense at all..lol i cant get over how it takes over your thinking.

05/14/2012 06:23 PM
Colleen16

Totally true I went from straight a's in an advanced biology program in college to barely managing a crossword puzzle. Most days I can't get through a sentence without stumbling. Worse is the side effects from the cymbalta I feel unsure and kinda confused after I take it now i'm just starting the meds I've been having trigger point injections so far. I'm hoping the confusion will go away soon.

05/14/2012 06:25 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Molly,

I hope they were laughing with you and not laughing at you. It is really hard dealing with the fog. I realized it a few months before I realized that there was something really wrong. I was beginning to lose words as I would try to form a sentence. Right in the middle, the word would be gone, and all I could do was try to think of another word that would mean the same thing, so I could finish what i was saying...Usually to no avail. Understand that prior, I was very well spoken, and had a memory like an elephant (now I just have a butt like an elephant)LOL I could rattle off numbers, names, details of anything and everything. Now, I'm lucky if I remember my name and age..Some days are better than others, but still mostly I can sound like a complete idiot.

Here's to better days, and clearer thoughts! HUGS

05/14/2012 06:35 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Colleen,

Welcome to the fibro group! We are so glad that you found us. There is a bunch of great people here, and I'm sure we can be of help and support to you. Please give us a little background about yourself, as far as when you were diagnosed, what meds you are taking, what we can help you with here, and what kind of support system you have.

I urge you to read over some of the older posts, as there is a lot of good information there. Everything that we know in this group has either come for research or experience, and there is quite a bit of both here. We are so glad to have you, and hope we can be here for you and help you in some way. HUGS

05/14/2012 07:28 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Molly and Welcome ~~~

I know just where you re coming from with the saying things at the stupidest times.

I have a terrible problem some days finding the word I want to use and it drives me CRAZY !!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Fibro ~~~

Marilyn

05/14/2012 10:54 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Mabri, I was like that. I could go to the store after a 25 items and come back with every single one of them. Now, I go after one thing, come back with $100 worth of groceries and still didn't get the one item I went after! It's frustrating. I used to have a memory like an elephant too. I ever forgot anything. Nothing! I was very nearly a perfect memory. Now, I have to stop and think of my age!

05/15/2012 01:06 AM
bfly
bfly  
VIP Member

I drink a five hour energy drink once a day... I swear that helps- with the fog and the fatigue aspects! I have cut back to one cup of coffee a day- because Caffine can increase the pain (read somewhere)... so that's a huge step for me! Decaf the rest of the day (I think i just dig the ritual!

I'm B12 deficient and the five hour energy drink helps with that too. And there isn't too much caffine---

05/15/2012 04:27 AM
kelly917
kelly917  

WOW I think i will try that energy drink.. because i drink a lot of coffee, dont like Decaf.. i think i just better stop drinking coffee..

05/15/2012 06:14 AM
Beeleeg
Beeleeg  

Hi Molly,

It sounds like you are trying to have a good attitude about it and that's good. We really can't help it.

My husband is just now coming to terms with the impact this has on me/us. I haven't dared to tell him about Fibro fog because I get my feelings hurt too easily and he would certainly tease me about being in a fog. I can hear him now laughing (thought not in a mean way) and warning family Watch OUT mom's stuck in the fog. He kids like that but I'm not in the mood for that just yet.

I have noticed I keep losing my train of thought, forgetting words, forgetting what I was looking for and just getting confused. I don't like it. lol

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved